Enb 0.263 New Vegas Uninstalling

fixing bugs
  • Author

Enb 0.263 New Vegas Uninstalling

I am using 0.263 ENB for fallout new vegas, preset ENHANCED SHADERS by tapioks.

So i uninstalled ENB by deleting every files i added when installing and now the game crash when i go outside.

Game stop crashing when i reinstall ENB.

I tried to uninstall ENB and delete fallout.ini/falloutPrefs.ini/rendererInfo.txt still crash.
Game worked fine before installing ENB.

What has ENB altered that i am not aware off ? what should i do to completely uninstall ENB ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enb 0.263 New Vegas Uninstalling

d3d9.dll is the only file required to uninstall to make game work like it was before. If you used ENBoost memory reducing feature of the mod and game starts, but don't want to load saved games, you can't do anything about that.

Have you tried to:
  • temporary disable all effects provided by ENB instead of uninstalling it if you don't care about increased loading time?
    go outside, save, uninstall ENB and see the results?
    back up your saved games and reinstall F:NV?
Do you use ENBoost? If you do, your save game might be probably broken.
Unfortunately, I don't know why it happens with your game.

I know uninstalling d3d9.dll is enough to disable ENB, this is what i used to do on Skyrim.

It is not related to my save because when i start a new game
d3d9.dll is not installed my game crash when i go outside of doc mitchel's house.
if d3d9.dll is present game don't crash.

I was not crashing when getting outside before installing ENB for the first time.

I have done this with every mods disabled got the same result.
i don't use ENBoost, i don't use 4GB launcher, i only use shutter remover and i get the same resut when i disable it.

Someone on nexus forum seems to have the same problem with the tapioks preset ENHANCED SHADERS - ENB 263.
Any idea of what is happening here ?

I'm not sure, maybe it's totally nonsense, but can you try to copy d3d9.dll from windows/system32? I just remember one thing that to make Skyrim work with discrette videocard built in a laptop I had to do this.

Well it would be a possible solution if i had the problem before even installing ENB.
But the game was working fine before in installed ENB, there was no d3d9.dll in my game directory.
Anyway i tried and it crash the same way.

I'll try to properly reinstall the game and see if it works.