Anisotropic filter question

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Anisotropic filter question

Hi, new poster, I'm using the latest ENB version with skyrim, also sharpshooter's with ENboost and his ENboost patch, I have Anisotropic filter set to true in the ENB ini but does not seem to be working, do I have to enable it some other way ? I currently have it forced through NVidia control panel but feel I may get more FPS if I can use the ENB one.
Thanks in advanced.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Anisotropic filter question

In NVidia control panel anisotropic filtering is better by quality, because it applied even to those textures, which don't have mipmaps (but driver generate them, at cost of video memory). At same time it most slower, because some effects of the mod heavily depends from texture filtering and you can get in times lower performance for things like ambient occlusion or reflection (at least this was in 2007, may be now things changed). I think the best choice is to set it to 16(15) in the game video options and also in my mod, then unhandled by game will be added by mod.

ENBSeries wrote:In NVidia control panel anisotropic filtering is better by quality, because it applied even to those textures, which don't have mipmaps (but driver generate them, at cost of video memory). At same time it most slower, because some effects of the mod heavily depends from texture filtering and you can get in times lower performance for things like ambient occlusion or reflection (at least this was in 2007, may be now things changed). I think the best choice is to set it to 16(15) in the game video options and also in my mod, then unhandled by game will be added by mod.
Ok, thanks for the rapid reply, so are you saying to disable nvida's AF and enable the ingame AF as well as the ENB ? I was under the impression that NVidia's AF gave more fps than the ingame AF ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anisotropic filtering have almost zero performance impact, it's not antialiasing. Exception only complex shaders as i mentioned above (and parallax). Enable in game and enb anisotropic filtering.