TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

Ok, thanks. Will stick to ths VS then.

Boris,
In the enblocal.ini (v0.305) you have DataSyncMode=1 under [THREADS] as default. We're getting a lot of new users on the STEP forums having issues with new ENB setups. 90% of them we simply tell to set DataSyncMode=0 and their problems are fixed. Could you have "0" as the default value instead of "1"? I think it'll help a lot of new users experiencing issues. Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay. But DataSyncMode=1 is better in general, 0 - disables fix. It's all about messing with skyrimprefs.ini and cpu/os combo.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Done.

And back to my question from previous page:
Some users reported issues of the mod with AMD, i got e-mail from staff, but don't know what kind of bugs were reported. To tell the truth i don't know at all what not works with AMD at this moment and for which game and mod versions, just waiting till drivers will be polished and ignore AMD till that time. If someone can help with such information, let me know.

I don't have a windows machine right now for playing (I'm using linux for gaming, but I do want to setup a windows partition when my new HDD arrive), but Skyrim and ENB + Enblocal were working perfectly fine using Crimson 16.3.1, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (I couldn't stand W10 so I changed back to W8.1).

I had some crashes, but after tracking back some broken mods and tweaking ENBlocal properly, everything went smooth.

I will report back after setup a new partition, but I believe most problems come from a faulty and unstable system (mostly windows 10 quirks and drivers leftovers) than AMD drivers at this point.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Got response from AMD staff, looks like users reports where without any definitions of issues, just the fact that i do not support AMD any more. I repeat again, it's not my mod do not support AMD, it's AMD drivers do not support it because of bugs. Prefer to not use vendor specific code to avoid issues like that and when i say that do not support AMD any more, i just want to stop flood of wrong bug reports not dependent from me, can't do anything anyway (my videocard is by NVidia). Players with issues must wait, use older drivers or report detailed description of the bug and conditions when it occurs to AMD, otherwise it's no more than scream in the dark.

*sensei*

The only bug I've had with ENB is with that old Fallout version, that caused certain walls to be completely see through. Was fixed by changing some random variable in ENB's code, IIRC.

Aside from that, ENB has been dandy. Just got to set it up right.

Did AMD mention which games in particular were reported to be buggy? Wonder if Fallout 4 might have anything to do with it, due to ENB not being updated alongside Bethesda's release schedule.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris,
it seems like TEXCOORD6 is used internally in 0.305?

update: nope, turns out to be some strange error in hlsl...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just for the future, any vertex data and interpolators can't be reserved. Global shader constants and textures are the only objects of that kind. Make frequent backups and always test any changes immediately, because shader compiler from MS is very buggy.

I recently reverted back to Windows 7. Available vram amount is finally no more limited to 4064mb. But now I have a CTD problem, even a vanilla installation of skyrim, only using patches and alternate start - live another live mod.

As soon as the game needs to load a exterior cell, it crashes at the end of the loading screen (before rendering starts, I think?). 100% crash rate. If I disable graphical mode, using only enboost, it loads fine (pretty 100%, I tested it many times).

Using the [Threads] patches do not change anything about it. It will always crash when loading an outside save, or when going outside from after starting in an interior.

I can UseEffects=false, load the save, open the GUI and set UseEffects=true and ENB works just fine.

Any advice? I had many issues resolved in 4 years of experimenting with skyrim, but this one? No clue.

update: If I load a save with UseEffects=false, and then enable UseEffects=true, then loading that save game, it can load it. I also did a new save game that could be loaded. if I quit the game, and try to load it with UseEffects=true from beginning, it crashes again.