TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

Hey Borris, I'm having a certain issue with enb for quite a while(probably since i started using it). Could you please confirm if you know about this and check it out?

So the problem is that AmbientLightingIntensity does not in a any way affect the grass(doesn't get brighter or darker) only the surface.
Only DirectLightingIntensity can affect grass brightness but unfortunately direct lighting also adds shadows which makes the grass look strange in certain weathers (like cloudy or foggy).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So what exactly cause the shadow bug, driver or driver combo with some it's preset and other software? And which version for which os? I can test only with gf650ti, but not for long, planning to fully migrate to amd cards starting from gta5, so better to fix this fast.

tulib202
I don't have any issues with grass ambient and original game bug with missing ambient is fixed by the mod, so the issue do not occur for vanilla grass and latest game version. Grass now don't have only that ambient type, which use XYZ vectors for coloring from top/side/bottom, it's unfixable game issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I am using GTX 780m and 344.75 drivers and I do NOT have the shadow bug. I use default skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files (aside from ENB-related edits and grass edits).

I don't have the bug with a GTX 980, 347.09 on the latest wrapper running Windows 10 x64 build 9901. No shadow related ini tweaks. Quite frankly I don't know what's causing it for other people.

*master*

I have checked shadows on a GTX 780 and a GTX 980 and I'm not seeing anything like what has been described either on older drivers or the latest. For those that are, what are you using for fShadowDistance and other settings? Have you tried fresh .ini files?
Last edited by Maeldun on 05 Jan 2015, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

I don't want to add any confusion or noise, so I'll do more extensive testing and post again only after I know exactly what is going on.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote: I can test only with gf650ti, but not for long, planning to fully migrate to amd cards starting from gta5, so better to fix this fast.
Seriously? Why would you put up with that?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kaffeekranz
Nvidia drivers have bug for WinXP (which will be my main OS till the end of universe), it produce very ugly artifact while watching movies and it equal to tearing from no vsync, but with multiple corruptions between frames at 1/3 top part of the screen only. Looks like this when scene is dynamic (photoshopped image actually):
Also it conflicts in XP with Creative sound card and the only solution is to replace motherboard (+cp+ram of course) also which i don't want to do, especially with current huge price grow in my country (and i'm fine with current old but rock solid hardware, don't trust modern bullshit). I'm sick of integrated sound, so amd card is the cheapest solution for me by this reason too.

Folks, are you ok if height data for parallax will be in the alpha channel of color(diffuse) textures of terrain? I planned to use such alpha for mixing textures instead of vanilla vertex based blending, for me height data is exact same thing which required for such blending, so double headshot with one change. Normal maps alpha is unused also, but for other shaders it contain specular/reflection amount, so it's not safe if same texture used for terrain and something else (terrain do not have specular).

*sensei*

I do not know how you define terrain textures here. If you only mean the ones in the actual terrain folder then I am not aware of them using the alpha of the diffuse. But for models that make use of the multi layer parallax shader the alpha channel in the diffuse is used. I guess the main use of it is for ice and in general any crystalline look.

However if your ideas does not relate to those textures then I guess it is nothing to worry about. Just wanted to let you know.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen
I mean existing textures.

Okay, i did experiments with one shader and computing parallax for only one texture of it. Seems some textures have height data in alpha channel already, so i captured unlit parallax screenshots (not parallax occlusion, just same crappy game like parallax):
Image Image Image Image
Dunno if it worth changes.