TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

I've dropped idea with buying AMD card as solution for NVidia XP driver compatibility bug with motherboard NForce chipset, when Creative sound card installed. Just got external sound card with integrated headphones amplifier, now i'm happy, half year of Realtek pain is over.

And what about bug with NVidia driver and shadows in Skyrim with the mod, any progress finding when it happens and when not?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Which card did you get? I've been planning to get one too, never got my old Creative card to play nicely due to crappy drivers.

My previous report was a fluke, seems like I simply had to increase SkyLighting filter quality. Not sure why lower quality worked previously, might be because of the new drivers or my increased resolution I guess. All good now, no issues whatsoever.

tapioks wrote:I am interested in what is possible with parallax terrain, though I think the effect should probably be disabled by default. When used with textures that are not designed for the effect, the results can be very ... interesting....

I'm curious, is all that needs to be done to fix this issue is to remove the alpha channel from the texture and re-save it until author's provide the proper height maps in the alpha?

mindflux - I have a X-FI Creative card,

But use PAX drivers at : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community ... ivers.174/

Used them for 3 years plus and they rock !
RAM : 8GB DDR3 800MHz
Sound : HyperCloud 7.1
VR : Rift

Obsidian Weathers and Luminous ENB.
ENB 0.402

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have not had a problem although I am on 340.52 drivers. However I had to users report an issue that both turned out to be false. Both people had heard the rumor that new drivers had causes shadow issues so I think they went looking for something that maybe already existed or was unrelated. One had to do with their shadow draw distance (was to high and caused close up shadows to be blotchy). Another had been away from skyrim a long time and had seen a post on shadow problems and thought they had the same issue. It was more just forgetting the engine and tweaking deferred shadows to 4 or 5 to solve that problem. I am watching the forums and comments and if I hear of anything else will be sure to report it. But at the moment I haven't been able to find anything nor have I talked with anyone who could pinpoint it. Both of these folks also tried older drivers which didn't change anything. Don't think either was on one of the newest Nvidia cards though.

*sensei*

TechAngel85 wrote:
tapioks wrote:I am interested in what is possible with parallax terrain, though I think the effect should probably be disabled by default. When used with textures that are not designed for the effect, the results can be very ... interesting....
I'm curious, is all that needs to be done to fix this issue is to remove the alpha channel from the texture and re-save it until author's provide the proper height maps in the alpha?
Yes, the dirt01.dds had no alpha, but Bethesda put alpha on the dirt02.dds file for some reason. Removing alpha on those files, and save it as DXT1 will allow having tamu75 coast texture parallax while no parallax on the other terrain textures.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:And what about bug with NVidia driver and shadows in Skyrim with the mod, any progress finding when it happens and when not?
I don't have any issues with exterior shadows on current drivers on a GTX 980. The only way I have been able to recreate the shadow appearance shown in Gopher's video is by using a relatively high shadowDistance (8000 or more) and reducing ShadowBlurRange. I suspect that people who are seeing blocky shadows need to either increase their ShadowBlurRange, decrease their shadowDistance or do some combination of the two. I also use iBlurDeferredShadowMask of 5.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux
It's creative x-fi surround 5.1 pro model (it don't have x-fi processor actually, just a fake named previous generation). May be i'm not lucky in life or what i expect is above reality, so can't recommend usb sound card after few hours of testing. It produce system lag (mouse lag too) when initializing audio device, including opening sound file if no other sounds playing and no software running which accessing to audio device already. Fast switching between tracks produce short click noise (don't know how it's in english). It's all usb specific issues. And the card specific issue is loud click noise when power is on/off, when os is loaded, which means it use capacistors without middle voltage point and without mute for protection.

TechAngel85
Yes

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:mindflux
It's creative x-fi surround 5.1 pro model (it don't have x-fi processor actually, just a fake named previous generation). May be i'm not lucky in life or what i expect is above reality, so can't recommend usb sound card after few hours of testing. It produce system lag (mouse lag too) when initializing audio device, including opening sound file if no other sounds playing and no software running which accessing to audio device already. Fast switching between tracks produce short click noise (don't know how it's in english). It's all usb specific issues. And the card specific issue is loud click noise when power is on/off, when os is loaded, which means it use capacistors without middle voltage point and without mute for protection.
I'm pretty happy with my RME Babyface here. Might be a bit overkill for your uses though.
Just wanted to clarify, that there's also good USB audio interfaces.

skysan4298 wrote:
TechAngel85 wrote:
Yes, the dirt01.dds had no alpha, but Bethesda put alpha on the dirt02.dds file for some reason. Removing alpha on those files, and save it as DXT1 will allow having tamu75 coast texture parallax while no parallax on the other terrain textures.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!