TES Skyrim 0.250

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.250

Looking forward to try this one. So let me get this out of the way:

I only need to upgrade my d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe correct?

The memory option in for ENBoost is for Vram only, correct? I'm simply asking here since it's part of the changelog. I see this option discussed so often, some people say to put it to Vram+System Ram but that doesn't make sense to me. Also 128GB for vram certainly is futureproofing ;)

And I don't find much documentation on the site outside of the outdated TES5 Documentaton page.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SirCrest
The memory management features of ENBoost (included in ENBSeries) affect both RAM and VRAM. Essentially, a DirectX 9 application (like Skyrim) mirrors the textures loaded into vram, in the RAM as well. The whole issue is that when Skyrim hits 3.1Gb of RAM (NOT vram) the game crashes, because it's a 32-bit application and can't handle more memory. What ENBoost does, in short (and I may be wrong on some of the exact specifics, but this is the gist of it), is it frees up the system memory, by not mirroring everything and offloading some of that to VRAM, and some a large chunk of it gets offloaded to the enbhost.exe application. So the 128gb future proofing that Boris did is for system RAM, NOT vram. Vram isn't really a factor. I mean, the more you have, the better, but I have never used my 4Gb of VRAM and I have a MASSIVE load order with a lot of texture/mesh packs installed and a fairly heavy ENB setup. However, if I add up system ram used by Skyrim and ENBhost.exe I regularly hit right about 3.5-4gb.

Anyways, hope that explains it.

TL;DR It's for system memory, not video memory.

Oh, and one last thing. The parameter, VideoMemorySizeMb parameter does indeed tell ENB how much VRAM you have. However, if you set it to a higher amount, the game will then be able to use some of your system memory as VRAM. RAM isn't usually as fast as VRAM but more is always better. The formula you've seen go around is for 64-bit OS's and is VRAM+RAM-2048=VideoMemorySizeMb (maxes out at 10240). I set mine to 8192 (see my system specs below.)

Jafin16 wrote:SirCrest
The memory management features of ENBoost (included in ENBSeries) affect both RAM and VRAM. Essentially, a DirectX 9 application (like Skyrim) mirrors the textures loaded into vram, in the RAM as well. The whole issue is that when Skyrim hits 3.1Gb of RAM (NOT vram) the game crashes, because it's a 32-bit application and can't handle more memory. What ENBoost does, in short (and I may be wrong on some of the exact specifics, but this is the gist of it), is it frees up the system memory, by not mirroring everything and offloading some of that to VRAM, and some a large chunk of it gets offloaded to the enbhost.exe application. So the 128gb future proofing that Boris did is for system RAM, NOT vram. Vram isn't really a factor. I mean, the more you have, the better, but I have never used my 4Gb of VRAM and I have a MASSIVE load order with a lot of texture/mesh packs installed and a fairly heavy ENB setup. However, if I add up system ram used by Skyrim and ENBhost.exe I regularly hit right about 3.5-4gb.

Anyways, hope that explains it.

TL;DR It's for system memory, not video memory.

Oh, and one last thing. The parameter, VideoMemorySizeMb parameter does indeed tell ENB how much VRAM you have. However, if you set it to a higher amount, the game will then be able to use some of your system memory as VRAM. RAM isn't usually as fast as VRAM but more is always better. The formula you've seen go around is for 64-bit OS's and is VRAM+RAM-2048=VideoMemorySizeMb (maxes out at 10240). I set mine to 8192 (see my system specs below.)

That's the clearest explanation I've been able to find.

Thanks for taking the time to write that out for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

skysan4298
Will fix CK probem soon.
Would the Mist feature override the ENB's VolumetricFog or is it an additional feature?
No. Volumetric fog and fire/spells do not have separate mist calculations yet, i'll fix that later.

Pyrobunta
Yes.

SirCrest
Jafin16 explained everything.

Mangaclub wrote:Error! ENBHOST.EXE Proccess failed. (yes i updated it)
Same here.
Mangaclub wrote:Windows7 x64, 8GB ram.
Windows XP 32 bit in my case, no antivirus just a HIPS firewall (but only configured as firewall).

Previous versions worked fine.

Code: Select all

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=1900
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=0 //16=SHIFT
KeyUseEffect=0 //123=F12
KeyFPSLimit=0 //36=HOME
KeyShowFPS=0 //106=NUMERIC / (doesn't work with UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics)
KeyScreenshot=0 //44=PRINT SCREEN
KeyEditor=0 //13=ENTER
KeyFreeVRAM=0 //115=F4

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

Need fix:

(выходит такое, если смотреть сквозь пар)
6GB of DDR3
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Creation Kit comptatibility fixes, minor changes to ENBoost.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

panos wrote:
Mangaclub wrote:Error! ENBHOST.EXE Proccess failed. (yes i updated it)
Same here.
Mangaclub wrote:Windows7 x64, 8GB ram.

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=1900
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true
UnsafeMemoryHacks should be set to false. A number of ENBoost features don't work with that enabled, IIRC.

Regarding the mist, I love it! It gives some additional very nice control over sunrise/sunset sky colors with the Sunlighting parameters. Gonna have to play around with this a lot more :) Unfortunately, the per weather setup is gonna take FOREVER. Ah well. It looks VERY nice :) Well done, Boris!

Jafin16 wrote:UnsafeMemoryHacks should be set to false. A number of ENBoost features don't work with that enabled, IIRC.
Confirmed. That option didn't cause issues in previous versions, but in .250 it results in ENBHOST.EXE Proccess failed, on my system.