TES Skyrim 0.243

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.243

Outstanding!

I had just finished updating PNENB to enable the new cloud volumetric ray and shadow effects and now we have occlusion culling as well. Thanks for all your work on Skyrim, it is very much appreciated.

*master*

Oclusion culling? Nice. That could be useful to Fallouts too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the update Boris!

Has negligible effect on my setup, thanks to your recent water optimisations and some new hardware, ENB water is only costing me 1 fps on max quality settings!

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*sensei*

For the Fallouts? Oblivion was the absolute worst; it would benefit the most from the occlusion culling.

I'd love to see these optimizations eventually make it over to Fallout and Oblivion.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, i forgot to write that new parameter added to enblocal.ini which turn on automatic detection of shared video memory, if memory manager enabled. May be this will solve stuttering issues when moving outside from interiors as seems this happen because of wrong setting made to memory manager.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:kaffeekranz
Fps is not bigger when looking on to water. On the contrary, it higher when water is not visible.
Ah, I misunderstood then!
Will have to do a new test run.

/e

Still within the 1-2 fps range, which is fine by me.
How much of a performance gain would you have predicted, Boris?
Because I feel my AMD Phenom 2 X4 @3,8Ghz is getting old already and I thought I'd fit into the 'slow CPU' category.

ENBSeries wrote: CruNcher
I don't want to make occlusion culling for interiors, if the other mod already do this, this is just wasting my time.
I think, while your implementation of OC is dynamic, the one of the famous mod at nexus isn't. From what I know, the CK-sided OC methods are just static walls on which it is decided, to render or not to render.

So a OC feature for interiors would still take some advantages. And beside of that advantages, I prefer your high quality features strictly beyond other mods. Your work is astonishing, thank you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kaffeekranz
All latest 6 years AMD systems have same performance increase by bottleneck with occlusion culling in this version, cpu overclocking almost don't have any impact on this, only various graphic options and location. I'm testing in Riverwood and have change with occlusion culling enabled from 42 to 46 fps, when looking on to the sky there 51->57 fps, when entire village visible 27.5->29.5 fps. You can see statistics of draw calls and triangles count in editor gui, simply toggle there occlusion culling.

*master*

Arkngt
Like Boris said, it's because arms and weapons in first person are like inventory - they are just an overlay on the screen with no depth information, so it's not an ENB bug but a game engine bug. This is likely one of the reasons Skyrim didn't ship with AO support. These guys (Bethesda) need to spend their Microsoft gold on a license for a decent engine and stick to writing game content.

Gruftlord

Maeldun wrote:Arkngt
Like Boris said, it's because arms and weapons in first person are like inventory - they are just an overlay on the screen with no depth information, so it's not an ENB bug but a game engine bug. This is likely one of the reasons Skyrim didn't ship with AO support. These guys (Bethesda) need to spend their Microsoft gold on a license for a decent engine and stick to writing game content.
they have depth information. as a 3d vision user i can tell.

anyway, i come to report a very very very minor (but old) bug, that actually has no influence:
in enblocal.ini there is
"//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106"

it should read
"//num * 106
KeyShowFPS=106"

:-D