TES Skyrim 0.229

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.229

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.229

Added parallax for water, it use alpha channel of normal maps, check if your favorite water mod is updated or edit it textures yourself. White alpha (by default for non alpha textures) means no parallax.
Did temporary workaround for critical AMD drivers bug when water enabled, at cost of performance of other effects. Very noticable with old videocards like gf9600 with not much shader processing units and almost invisible on dx11 generation videocards.

Re: TES Skyrim 0.229

Instant CTD with this binary for me.

Oh well, I'll go stick with 0.227 for now. At least it has some water effects...

*sensei*

Boris, I believe it would easier for you if you can give a toggle of sorts to use the older version of the water shaders for AMD, sort of like how you did the OldType for SSAO, and leave a warning that the shaders will not compile for AMD users if the newer water shader option is enabled. This way, you do not need to worry about finding a fix until something comes up. As for now, it seems only the 7000 series AMD users are getting no problems from ENB; users of older AMD cards would be better off using the older water shader option. Or you can just use a detector to disable the part of the code that's not compatible with AMD cards, for instance.

What do you think? Less hassle for you, I'd say.

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Link for 0.229 binary not working

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ZeroKing wrote:Boris, I believe it would easier for you if you can give a toggle of sorts to use the older version of the water shaders for AMD, sort of like how you did the OldType for SSAO, and leave a warning that the shaders will not compile for AMD users if the newer water shader option is enabled. This way, you do not need to worry about finding a fix until something comes up. As for now, it seems only the 7000 series AMD users are getting no problems from ENB; users of older AMD cards would be better off using the older water shader option. Or you can just use a detector to disable the part of the code that's not compatible with AMD cards, for instance.

What do you think? Less hassle for you, I'd say.
I would not do this. Well...I would do it as an absolute last resort. If you can figure out a way to get the new water shaders to work, I would do it. I am using an AMD 6850HD and it is not old.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

electricsheep26354
Work fine, reload page by F5 key.

I can't switch code based on videocard model and can't detect if it work or not, because at compilation stage everything is freezed instead of return error. If mod work now for tested radeon 4850, but still not work for cruelflames, this just means that bug is even worse and i can't use any shaders written in assembly (it's like code in the end of enbeffect.fx file). On the contrary, assembly code must work perfectly the same for all videocards, because it's already optimized, just run and enjoy, but amd is special (and fanboys too). I hate games which have poor graphics for some videocards, it's because of ass slaves developers and managers in 99.9% cases, but this time there is no solution, it's the most awful bug in amd i know. Will try to convert assembly to high level, but it's a lot extra work and i will not do this for old mods.

*sensei*

@ Boris
Understood.

Flickr
Twitter

Don't stress yourself out, Boris.

It would be nice to get caustics but if it's a lot of work for only some users you're better off doing something else.
Like I said, it's not the end of the world if these water shaders don't work.

Anyway thanks for all you have been doing so far, I know it's an awful lot of testing.

Work and not, or better no ctd and such with my ATi 7950 at last with a fast test just to be sure, but it's unoticable at the moment, I need to edit the alpha for the textures that I'm using (it's an other story), well thank you again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

evok99
Sorry, i forgot about your problem, guess it's because of water too then for amd.

CruNcher
Regarding your underwater question, i don't know. The problem is that water surface is not always rendered while camera is underwater, so i have no data for projection. To use some old or just animated fake texture is not a solution too, because underwater fog and dof is absolutely the same thing as foggy look at rainy weather, own game dof (visible by tab key), it takes a lot of time to find out what is underwater.
i meant the screenshot function in ENB i experience something odd under water im triggering a animation cycle with the forward key and @ the same time i push the print screen button and the Rendering freezes.
It's not to me, as i understand from description just one more game or other software bug (multithreading bugs are all kind never expected by anybody). Everything is absolutely separated without dependencies of any kind.