TES Skyrim 0.144

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.144

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries 0.144

Improved ssao/ssil and reflection quality. Added some quality variables for reflection and glossy effect of it. Hardware antialiasing is now supported, but when enabled, mod automatically turn off some effects (ssao and reflections as i remember).

screenshot of new ssao at quality 1:

Description of important changes
AOType was changed, value 0 is similar to ssao from 0.143 version with correct ambient occlusion computation (in limits of screen of course), but noisy. Value 1 is less noisy and less intense at same time, like older versions of effect.
GlosinessMin/Max for reflections are how much reflection blurred depending from distance of reflected vector (kind of soft shadows, but for reflections to simulate roughness). This variable is inverse if compare to software modelling tools, guess it's better to understand for players. Values closer to 1 produce blurry reflections which are less noisy also (but this have nothing similar to reflection filter).
EnableDenoiser special code which remove noise by randomization function, where possible, increaing quality of reflections and don't cost much performance.
DenoiserType at this moment 4 types (0,1,2,3) are available and they all works and looks different, some are better when reflection SizeScale is big or(and) reflection filter enabled. Better experiment yourself.
EnableSupersampling this activates x4 supersampling for reflections, performance is 4 times slower of course. I'll do another antialiasing methods later, because at this moment reflections suffer from other artifacts. Be careful with this parameter, if SizeScale=1.0 and 1080p, then real size of reflection will be 3840*2160. But this parameter also applied with any SizeScale, probably SizeScale 0.5 and Supersampling=true is better by quality than SizeScale=1.0 Supersampling=false.

*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.144

Thank you Boris. I will try this tomorrow. Needed to install my game again today -_-
Now, for ENB AO on, need hardware AA on? No problem for me, I just want to understand correctly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's a typo, I'm pretty sure he meant hardware antialiasing needs to be disabled for ssao.

Thanks for the update, you really pulled it off with best of both worlds.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, description fixed now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanx for the update Boris.
Will try this ASAP, SSAO on, of course ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, I already did and even on quality 1 the new ssao looks very clean, detailed and refined, just beautiful. With scales @ 0.65 the performance is certainly good enough for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks pretty neat on my end as well. Quite crisp, even though I'm running at scales .4 (at 1620p). Maybe on of these days I'll try to enable the reflections again. To see what you've done.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

I'm having the "large shadows" issue with this version. Never had it before this.

It happens when I move into the shadows far enough. If I don't move it never happens. So for that shot I moved to the right into the shadow. I moved back to the left so the pictures lined up better.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is it with ShadowCastersFix=true? Not sure is this bug is same as previous for one user (chan?), fixed but forgot what not to touch. Test previous version to be 100% sure and turn off effects (with restart) to identify whic produce bug.

ENBSeries wrote:Is it with ShadowCastersFix=true? Not sure is this bug is same as previous for one user (chan?), fixed but forgot what not to touch. Test previous version to be 100% sure and turn off effects (with restart) to identify whic produce bug.
OK, I'm very confused. It looks like this is a vanilla shadow bug. If I just "coc IvarsteadExterior04" from the main menu and go to the same spot and wait until 4:58PM (when that image was taken), the shadows actually are supposed to be where they are in my second image.

It looks like when I load from that savegame at 4:58PM, the land shadows are glitched. Once I move into the shadow, the land shadows turn on. Unfortunately even with ShadowCastersFix turned on, after 5PM there ends up being a large hole in the shadow, where the log pile is. I guess the mountain that is casting the shadow is just outside the shadow distance range, and this is the hole that I'm seeing.

It gets even weirder. If I wait an hour until 5:58PM, and THEN move into the shadow, it's completely different looking:

You see only the very background gets any sort of shadowing. If I turn land shadows off, it doesn't make the issue much better. Floating vegetation shadows appear, that are on the sides of the mountain.

I guess what is happening is that I am moving into range of these objects, determined by fShadowDistance. I guess this area in Ivarstead just shows how bad the system is, since there is a tall mountain so close to the village.