TES Skyrim 0.245

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.245

kaffeekranz wrote: That curling candle smoke.. which mod is this from? :o
Enhanced Lights and FX by anamorfus

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Have you seen the list of games which support TXAA? Temporal techniques aren't simple to implement in general, it's not plug-and-play thing, require very custom modding of each game and fixing many glitches.

Ehhh, i'm so much tired with ssao, there are many things possible to make to increase performance or/and quality, but many of them have big minimal performance requirements, so fit only to low resolution computations like gi. Or they visually differ a lot, so users wil start to complaing that effect now is different (different means bad for the most). I can make different name for ssao, new category in ini f.e., but my ssao is not ssao which is known in gamedev and there are no known naming of it, so i can't call new one hbao, hdao or anything else. Adding parameters ComplexAO, SupercomplexAO, UltraMegaAO is silly, i can't even find proper name for new filter from last screenshot and it definetly must be separate instead of used always, because it useless at very high quality with supersampling which already have low noise.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Yes, they are not many....
And, despite the fact Nvidia announced in the first days of development this method would be revolutionnary, quality *and* performance wise, it's still an FPS killer if you use it at higher resolutions or at its max sampling abilities. And, to say the truth, I don't like TXAA that much..... From wherever I look, true supersampling methods are still the best ones, or the more accurate, call it whatever.

Hmmmm.... Naming your method ? That's something. IL plays a huge role in it as well. " ENBAO " would be something quite logical to me on a general plan, even if it says nothing technical.... If you're now at the point where you're tired of it, just drop the thing and wait till you have new ideas or interest again. It's hard for me to state something, since I'm in the "all-for-quality" logic, while of course retaining enough performance for the game to be playable.
What I can say : I didn't see the latest improvements in motion but what I see right now with latest binaries is quite breathtaking, quality wise, and performance is still pretty good.
Thus said, matter of taste, some will want to enable supersampling, others will want to play with over scales (BTW, pointless unclamping it, or dangerous ? ), some still like some noise in their AO, some want it neat and clean and run away at first noise.... Some will oversharpen a/o overgrain and blame it on AO... :? once the sharpening has sucked away their black levels....
The last screens you posted are quite something.... :shock:
My own personal thing is "MORE" ! ;) I would sacrifice a biiiiiit of performance again to have my upper jaw on the floor... (the lower felt long ago already :D )
So, I can't talk performance, this is your side only of course.
Quite helpful, huh ? ;)

My english is quite the approximative type also... Maybe it's time to subdivise in another category, independantly on performance a/o quality, something like " Soft ", " Medium " and " Full "....
" FullFilter " would make sense to me, .... " SoftFilter " as well.... I don't know.

Now, back at these rotations and offsets things, I'm in a coding mood today :D
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added EnableComplexFilter parameter for ambient occlusions to greatly reduce noise even at low quality of effect, reduced noise of effect in general.

Oyama
You see how i named this :lol:. Well, doesn't matter actually. may be i'll make another methods later, i'm increasing quality with almost each update 4 times at little or no performance cost and can do this about twice more times, but unfortunately can't make faster and the same quality because of extra computations to achieve all these. The main issue is in per pixel normals, they require sharp look of effect and it's more noise or more samples to compencate it. Much easier with per vertex normals, everything is smooth (but not planar as almost all games have), but i can't render them. I recommend to set EnableComplexFilter=true (which is by default) and reduce quality of filtering, may be one quality level down for ambient occlusions too. Quality loss because of blurring is minimal, lower than any FilterType set, here is comparison, two level up filter can't beat complex filter.
Image Image

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

:lol: :lol:
Nice naming indeed.
Also, next step will be : " EnableUltimateComplexInYourFaceYouFuckingUserDontYouEverBotherMeAgainWithOptimizations = true "
That's it !! :D

Gone to test... ;)

EDIT : My goodness..... Fantastic.

Now, I'll have to blame you since my desktop is full of "Temp" folders :lol:
Morning idea : SSAO with 256 samples per pixel and wait for performance reports... good laughs guaranteed :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Oyama on 18 Jan 2014, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i think you two should get a room together.... imagine what ENB will be like in two weeks :D

Flickr Gallery

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess I have to stop with those compliments ;)
Last edited by Oyama on 18 Jan 2014, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i just want the end result of ENB... ;) cracks me up with your gifs :lol: nooo not me! i think you are quite happy with Boris!

Flickr Gallery

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

OhKay wrote:i just want the end result of ENB...
Huh... Quite the impossible thing... you don't know who Boris is, right ? :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

dunno... i heard he's some guy lives up in the mountain, gave us ENB... (just joking ok!)

Flickr Gallery