FPS low quality skyrim.ini and skryim.prefs?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

FPS low quality skyrim.ini and skryim.prefs?

I want to share my skryim.ini and skyrim.prefs for low quality. I've a 2.2GGhz dual core AMD and Radeon 3650 box. I run the game with about 20 FPS in 1024x600 screen resolution with Skyboost r3 and ENBseries 102 and gionight preset. I can't do any screenshots but the images is very close to the gionight preset. I also set priority and affinity to high and 2 cores. However you need to install process.exe to set priority and affinity. I've also put meshes.bsa and some textures.bsa to a ram disk to fasten loading time. You can verify file access with procmon.exe. On my rig meshes.bsa is accessed very often hence it make sense to offload my hard disk.
Attachments
SkyrimPrefs.ini
skyrim.prefs
(4.74 KiB) Downloaded 752 times
Skyrim.ini
skyrim.ini
(6.63 KiB) Downloaded 563 times

DFA

Re: FPS low quality skyrim.ini and skryim.prefs?

it looks very nice, but your ini files can be tweaked further for performance.

can you explain how to do the RAM drive process? What if I have a machine with 8GB RAM

AMD 7850@3.0GHz, 2GB DDR2-800 (4-4-4-12), GTX470, Win7(DirectX11)

Re: FPS low quality skyrim.ini and skryim.prefs?

DFA wrote:it looks very nice, but your ini files can be tweaked further for performance.

can you explain how to do the RAM drive process? What if I have a machine with 8GB RAM
Thank you. Its has also the Google-Earth patch to get a better Google-Earth alike map. Here is how I use my ramdisk:
If you have some free ram I suggest to install a ramdisk and to move the file meshes.bsa and part or all of the textures folder to it. Given the excellent process.exe I have analyzed the loading pattern of TESV.exe and the file summary gave me this descendant sorted list of the top seven highest read access files:

1. meshes.bsa
2. Textures folder
3. Skyrim.esm
4. Sound folder
5. Voices.bsa
6. Strings folder
7. music folder

Hence storing any of them on a ramdisk speeds the game a lot. I've a huge FPS gain. Before I was putting textures.bsa on the ramdisk but I didn't noticed much. But from the list you can see it's not even important. I suggest to use process.exe on your system either because it maybe that your pattern is different. I have an average of 10+ FPS with my ramdisk. I suggest to install Ati Tray Tools to measure FPS. To link the files or folder to your Skyrim folder you can use the Link Shell Extension and a softlink. I suggest to install a ramdisk that can store the ram to an image and can load it again.
You can download process monitor here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896645.

What can I make better in my ini file?