[Skyrim] ENB and CPU load

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

[Skyrim] ENB and CPU load

Edit because of reasons.
Last edited by nasuellia on 06 Jan 2015, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim] ENB and CPU load

because shadows are somewhat calculated by the CPU
Uh really? Why everybody repeat same shit said by some smart ass?

I saw many posts like yours, let me ask, why do you use gpu and cpu loads meters if you completely incompetent in game development? Do you know bottlenecks of pc architecture, how drivers works, rendering technology? If cpu and gpu have loading both 70%, where other 30% by your opinion? I don't want even to explain, because it's not possible to understand without technical knowledge, so uninstall all that freaking measurement soft created for fools and leave the game as it is, you CAN'T do anything, except to change game options/ini and graphics. All you wrote is logically correct, but absolutely wrong, nothing personal period.

Edit because of reasons.
Last edited by nasuellia on 06 Jan 2015, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can ENB, particularly SSAO, cause such an enormous burden on the CPU?
No. Anything in ENBSeries do not affect cpu usage which can be measured as greater than errors of measure itself.
Do you know that raising iBlurShadowMask to high values dramatically increases performances with your ENB in interior cells?
Yes i know, because you turn off bilateral shadow filter. Why not just remove the mod completely then? It works 100%, confirmed by several individuals.

Don't want to reply on other things you said, your point is clear for me, i don't want to spend time to those who won't listen.

Edit because of reasons.
Last edited by nasuellia on 06 Jan 2015, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

Boris isn't aggressive, simply it is his manner of communication similar to the spiteful person. With it probably it is necessary will get used, he is the quite good developer, but the psychologist awful. :roll: )

People should be loved, and then love will fall in love with you. Not hypocrisy, and well understanding or something)... )

Но... Ничего не поделать, придеться свыкнуться. = \

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Performance drop with enbseries running happen because videodrivers do run the job only when videocard is not busy or when some functions called which require data to be flushed (rendered all previous actually). In case of shadows or high range distances also pc specific bottleneck take a place which show up as greater cpu usage, videocard simply waiting data (commands) transfer from cpu to itself. The same with shadow filter in interiors, for it's computation game use two passes and second pass require data from previous pass, driver may think that such dependency can't be done in parallel and flush rendering tasks. But the game itself have multithreading rendering which is wrong made, it post all rendering commands to array and another thread read and execute them, if buffer ovverun happen because of high gpu usage (because it's flushed or effect is complex), then game waiting. And there are other reasons, even more complex. So what, do you think it's easy to analyse with gpu-cpu meters for non familiar users?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQg7aXd7bY Boris don't be an angry man. 32:10

Edit because of reasons.
Last edited by nasuellia on 06 Jan 2015, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

I just came here to say THANKS!!! I HAD the same problem and will just leave it that way...

Thank you Boris Vorontsov & everyone in the ENB Team... :mrgreen:

You guys deserve a donation... ;)