TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE

Nice images Guzio. I'll have to sort the login to my webspace and upload a few images of my own. I use ELFX weathers myself. I've been turning off volumetric lighting in the ini to get rid of that hazey look, does anyone have any tips on how to do it without disabling volumetric lighting?

jt_uk wrote:Nice images Guzio. I'll have to sort the login to my webspace and upload a few images of my own. I use ELFX weathers myself. I've been turning off volumetric lighting in the ini to get rid of that hazey look, does anyone have any tips on how to do it without disabling volumetric lighting?

Volumetric lighting is weather dependent, so most weather mods make their own to tone it down and actually make it look good, but assuming ELFX weathers use vanilla records you could tweak the mod below on xEdit to make it either gone or just very subtle:

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/13731

Note that if you end up switching weather mods it might use different records for the VL and render the tweak obsolete.

edit: You'd have to tweak one VL record per weather type (clear, cloudy, etc) and day transition (sunrise, day, sunset and night). Honestly, I think it'd be easier and give a better result to go for a weather mod like Obsidian, Mythical or NAT.

NHK
*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

jt_uk wrote:Nice images Guzio. I'll have to sort the login to my webspace and upload a few images of my own. I use ELFX weathers myself. I've been turning off volumetric lighting in the ini to get rid of that hazey look, does anyone have any tips on how to do it without disabling volumetric lighting?
Don't know how those god-rays look with the ELFX weather, but in the vanilla game they are just awful, something like a fog that washes out everything. But sometimes with a proper weather mod (I've tested NAT, Obsidian Weathers and Vivid Weathers), they can look almost nice :

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@NHK: Very cool looking Argonian, Rustic clothing and leaves

@Guzio: That riften fog looks good

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rudy ENB, downsampled from 6k - very nice preset :D

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

Dante_Draven wrote:

Volumetric lighting is weather dependent, so most weather mods make their own to tone it down and actually make it look good, but assuming ELFX weathers use vanilla records you could tweak the mod below on xEdit to make it either gone or just very subtle:

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/13731

Note that if you end up switching weather mods it might use different records for the VL and render the tweak obsolete.

edit: You'd have to tweak one VL record per weather type (clear, cloudy, etc) and day transition (sunrise, day, sunset and night). Honestly, I think it'd be easier and give a better result to go for a weather mod like Obsidian, Mythical or NAT.
What can people suggest out of the two? NAT has a lot of extra effects, the flickering candles are too aggressive for my test. Although the base lighting is very good.

Ewi
*sensei*

for me is mythcal ages weather and lighting the best.

NHK
*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

NHK -- Nice colors :)

Dolomite Weathers:

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram