TES Skyrim SE 0.325

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.325

Pritster5

Some .esp and mesh configs will need to be standardized across any vanilla and mod assets in order to allow them interact with ENB as we expect them to, something in that particular asset is different than the ENB lit smoke.

Something I am dying to see made for SE is 3D cloud objects made - .esp and mesh configured - to interact with sunlight and the volumetric light system (something like the smoke lit by ENB, but blocking the volumetric light, maybe). Some time ago I messed around with one of the 3D cloud mods switching models to something else (Farmhouses in this case. Very amusing to see the mod spawning floating farmhouses around Skyrim, I must say) to test how it would interact with the volumetric lighting in particular, and it actually worked since the meshes were made to block the volumetric rays appropriately! Well, kind of. In the form of farmhouses instead of clouds, at least.

LoD

Do the water edges appear like that in every weather? I usually see that happening in weathers (be it vanilla or modded) that have fog set to start too close, that can only be remedied if you set the fog to start further away.

The letterboxes are outside my knowledge, I'm not sure if they can be drawn in a pass after the UI is drawn.

Regarding the performance issue, I can confirm that ENB without any effects enabled still drains some fps, I noticed this in Fallout 4, where I was only using ENBoost and completely disabled visual effects by setting "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics= " to true and also setting "UseEffect= " to false under [GLOBAL] in enbseries.ini which got generated on first run.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pritster5
Um, do you have the particle patch for SSE installed? If yes, are you using any mods that modify the fire sources?

LoD

Dante_Draven

You're right about that, that's the reason why I created the mod Water's Edge Fix, but it's a compatibility nightmare since every weather mod requires it's own patch. I guess you could achieve the effect by a simple script, but I don't have any scripting experience.

Sadly, you can't have dense fogs if you do that, so it would be nice to achieve it via enb. I thought Oldrim already had this function but I could be wrong.

Mindflux

Yes I do have your particle patch install and no I have no mods modifying fire effects.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well that is then peculiar because on my clean install with just 0.325 and the particle patch installed I get this:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

LoD
My game dont have letterboxes, so its 100% coded in shaders by preset makers. So any bugs with them unfixable. And they cant be fixed, because its wrong to apply letterbox there, because after it game hud is drawed, vapor fog and underwater fog (which are stupid architecture implementations of game engine). There must be parameters in enbeffect.fx to disable letterbox.
About water, i never seen it (guess you talking about texture filtering). Are you sure that this dissapear when you press shift+f12 to disable mod? Did you try to turn off parameters in [effects] category to see which affect the bug? Is there some way i can reproduce the bug on my rig?

EDIT: i dont get it, what is wrong with water on that picture, what is "blocky water edges". Maybe that mean that water is not blended smoothly to terrain, like transparency? But i didnt change anything, i dont think its mod bug at all. And i very much doubt that will do anything to water, because in skyrimse there are several thousands shaders for water, they all need patching to fix such problems.

LoD

About the letterbox: You're right, I can just disable the letterbox in the enbeffect.fx, but I think it's a nice effect. I believe for Oldrim the letterbox was somehow disabled whenever you opened the map.

About the water: The water edges aren't caused by the enb, they are a vanilla thing. https://imgur.com/a/XSemr Both pictures are taken without enb, but the lower one has it's fog settings adjusted (via .esp under weather parameter in vanilla).
It would be nice to achieve such an effect through enb, but if it's too much work because of the new water shaders then I understand that you don't wanna do it.

ENBSeries wrote:Martimius
To ask such things you must provide information about your rig at least.
Intel Core i5 6600 processor, MSI Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB Factory Overclocked, 16GB Kingston DDR Gamer Ram, 250 GB Samsung SSD EVO, Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Motherboard.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

LoD
Okay, i'll try to find what can do with no much effort.

Martimius
Your pc definetly not a reason to have such performance drop. Well, i dont know how to test myself, only have laptop and its very slow for any profiling.