TES Skyrim SE 0.325

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.325

El-Rizzo
Some fire in game have additive blending, some usual alpha blending and its huge difference by intensity.
Ah okay, that explains the difference in brightness, thanks for the explanation! :)
Yes you right, i found the bug in the interpolation values, when interiornight=1-day instead of 1-interiorday. Thanks for digging in this.
No problem, glad I could be of help! And thank you for providing an update so quick :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Martimius
Dont know. Mod have overhead, but not that big. Maybe some other software causing it. I cant test performance, dont have desktop computer, but if only two people reported performance drops, i guess its not because of mod directly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris -- Thanks for the really quick update :D

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

ENBSeries wrote:Martimius
Dont know. Mod have overhead, but not that big. Maybe some other software causing it. I cant test performance, dont have desktop computer, but if only two people reported performance drops, i guess its not because of mod directly.
Can anybody else confirm this? I personally did some more testing today, this time with no other programs running in the background, except for my antivirus (which was placed on Standby), and Steam, which was required for Skyrim SE to run (Steam overlay was still turned off). I still got a major performance drop with the latest default binaries, meaning that at least in my case, it is not due to a software conflict.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Martimius
To ask such things you must provide information about your rig at least.

Martimius wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Martimius
Can anybody else confirm this? I personally did some more testing today, this time with no other programs running in the background, except for my antivirus (which was placed on Standby), and Steam, which was required for Skyrim SE to run (Steam overlay was still turned off). I still got a major performance drop with the latest default binaries, meaning that at least in my case, it is not due to a software conflict.
Yes, I've had this from the beginning. I've just been assuming that it was normal behaviour. I'll quote a part of my own post from the 0.310 thread:
YourMemorial wrote: ...
However, with ENB enabled SSE's performance really suffers. As you noticed yourself, fps drops are huge even if you don't have any effects enabled. The reason that I don't see many people reporting this -might- be because SSE's performance is overall a lot better, so it's harder to drop below 60 fps than in old Skyrim. I'm using a Nvidia card (GTX 970).

A good place to test this is the bridge just outside Riverwood, looking in the direction of Riverwood. With my (relatively) heavily modded setup, a combination of High/Ultra ini settings and without the SSE ENB files installed, my uncapped fps in this particular spot is about 65. If you don't use many mods this will probably be higher. Then with the exact same settings but with the default SSE ENB files installed this drops to 49 fps, even with all effects disabled. Add to this the effects that popular SSE ENB presets offer and it can even drop to the 30-40 range. There are several other spots that cause huge drops like this, ultimately leading to a stuttery experience.
I just tested this again a minute ago at the spot in Riverwood with the 0.325 binaries and the results are similar: 69 fps without ENB and 54 fps with the default 0.325 ENB files and all effects disabled.

Some specs/info: I have a i5 3570k@4,3Ghz, a MSI Geforce GTX 970 (driver v388.71), 2x8GB of DDR3 1866Mhz C9 RAM, Win 7 x64
I'm running the most recent versions of both SSE and SKSE. In the background I have pretty much only Avast (in 'Silent Mode') and Steam open. I've tried disabling Avast but results are the same.

Ewi
*sensei*

Boris - thanks for the update.

ENBSeries
Hi Boris,

I have a bug where some particle effects are not being properly controlled by ENB. I have attached a picture to better explain the issue.

The BLUE circle is smoke that is controlled by ENB's PARTICLE category.

The RED circle is smoke that is NOT controlled by ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Its unfixable from my side, even worse than in old skyrim, the same shaders applied to objects which are totally different by type. Maybe Mindflux will do particle patch.

LoD

I wanted to report some issues related to the letterbox effect. The following pictures show the problem:

https://imgur.com/a/AE2su

I also wanted to ask if it's possible to implement the water settings like in Oldrim for better transparency (as shown in the last picture).

As other users have already reported, I have the problem with major fps drops (around 15) while using the ENB without any effect enabled, too. That wasn't the case in Oldrim for some reason.

Thanks for your continuous work and dedication!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the letterbox issues only appear underwater.
Last edited by LoD on 06 Jan 2018, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.