*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

That is so awesome Guzio!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I baked it all night ;)

A nice action on the Nexus screenshot forum my friend :D

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Boris - Happy Birthday 10th birthday to ENB and a MASSIVE thank you! ENB is the best thing since pizza was invented! :)

Guzio - I opened up the apple mesh in Nifskope and was blown away by its smoothness. The potato was low poly...but then I was blown away again by the silverware meshes. Made a note to myself about the cheese. Incredible work my friend, you have a gift and hope you keep going! The textures are actually really good too. At first I was a little disappointed about 1K because somehow I missed the 2K download. Got it now though and I'm going to to manually edit HPP and Revamped Assets to make sure nothing interferes. Since I just happen to be using Rudy ENB on my current re-mod...I will post some pics :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

J0han wrote:Skyrim original still looks better than SE, however, apart from stability, rocks and especially snowrocks in SE are so much better.
Anyone know how to fix this for one? Bothers me a lot (the snow):

J0han - I was thinking about a snow effect in Oldrim, just now it starts snowing outside my window, I hate winter.

In my game, on some of the meshes the snow looks rather good :

Maybe it's a mapping problem ?

ShmooZ -- Nice to hear that :D now I'm trying to improve the candlesticks and the candles themselves.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Btw, if i remember, did multisampling for that snow in old skyrim and probably one of [FIX] parameters turn it on.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've found a really ugly example and checked this effect more carefully and here are the results:

Vanilla textures:

Vanilla textures with the ENB fixes, the difference is rather subtle:

Vanilla textures, mapping rescaled from 100% to 300% in NifSkope:

Different textures set (1024x1024 normal map, vanilla was 512x512, mapping 100%):

Another textures set (2048x2048 diffuse and normal map):

Vanilla diffuse texture 1024x1024, 2048x2048 normal map:

you can clearly see that the snow effects depends on the quality and resolution of the normal map (it controls where the snow is applied), and, of course, on the mapping themselves.

The same mesh with corrected mapping and 2K textures:

There is a mod on Nexus "Enhanced textures detail (UV-tweaks)" which may be useful in that case (I'm personally using it).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

On a related note, I'm very irked about the texel size being all over the place especially with those meshes so some time ago I actually tried "normalizing" the UVs of each mountain and rock mesh.

Good idea, in principle, but I forgot that of course the meshes are scaled to hell and back in the CK so the results were not much to write home about.

So yeah, the situation can be improved but I doubt it can never be made perfect.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe, it's only an idea, for those really big objects, can be prepered a special version of that mesh with a acceptable textel size ? But that would require the esp file to be made.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Gratulations to your 10 year anniversary Boris, enb really changed a lot of games and your hard work is very much appreciated!

Pretty cool showcase Guzio, thanks. Really show vanilla's problems.

And a higher poly potatoe would be totally awesome. I think I got the smim one with 21kb, Triangles:528 Triangle Points: 1584

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio
Sure, but it would be an enormous task to even isolate the objects since judging from what I checked all kinds of mountain meshes are scaled, small ones, large ones, and some significantly too.

That said, I guess it would be an improvement, though, to fix the worst offenders but even those are everywhere you look.

It's no wonder the vanilla texture is so devoid of detail, it helps to mask the issue pretty well if you're not paying attention.