Fallout 4 0.317

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.317

Wow, the detailed shadows make a gigantic difference! Thank you once again for your hard work. edit: Cloud shadows appear to be working with NAC for me, though they exhibit the aforementioned bugs of not occluding specular lighting (or IL).

With regards to noisiness, have you considered using a texture of blue noise for noise generation? The results from other implementations seem to look really good, so I wonder if such a technique could be applied here.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

roxahris
I do use blue noise for randomization, but it don't help cause 7 samples used only and filtering only one pass 4 samples.

MaxG3D
Thanks, i see the problem with directional ambient (guess nothing else with that save). Will chec what is wrong asap.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4501/3761 ... de0d_o.png
I also want savegame and setting to have such bug with detailed shadows.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys what do you think, should i make detailed shadow which is like skyrim version working with close objects with better quality or like this new in fallout which also applied to distant objects, but kinda flowing for close if move to/from them?

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Guys what do you think, should i make detailed shadow which is like skyrim version working with close objects with better quality or like this new in fallout which also applied to distant objects, but kinda flowing for close if move to/from them?
Can you do both at the same time, just blend between them? Both methods are pretty awesome and help a lot with the piss poor vanilla shadows. Also, now that you have cracked the cloud shadows, what are the planned features? Are the real volumetric god rays, like in first Skyrim possible? Have you perhaps looked into replacing the cubemap reflections with more physically correct screen space reflections (it seriously bugs me the most in this game)?

Also, regarding the detail shadows, they actually work on first person guns, giving some self shadowing, but sadly, only when facing the sun, and they are rather low quality. Any chance we could see improvement for that?
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4501/3761 ... de0d_o.png
I also want savegame and setting to have such bug with detailed shadows.
I don't know how much luck you will have with my save but I bundled it up along with some images for you here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Amn ... kcxM0lRSm8

I deactivated all my mods, including DLC, although left base textures installed (using Enhanced Vanilla Bodies for male/female as the body textures). Saved the game, then restarted game and loaded that and resaved it. Best I can do at the moment to try and provide a save. Not sure if you still need it as it sounds like MaxG3D has a much better idea of what is happening than I do. But wanted to provide it in case it might help.

As for the images and testing. I downloaded your files and just copied them AS IS into my Fallout game and tested with that - using all the defaults that come with your download for enblocal, enbseries, and all other files. So if you need to know my settings they are what is provided in your download.

Here some some shots taken with the default ENB. If no one else sees this then maybe it is related to EVB texture mod.

cloud shadows off; detailed shadows off
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4506/3698 ... a7e0_o.png

cloud shadows on; detailed shadows off
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4485/3698 ... e610_o.png

cloud shadows on; detailed shadows on
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4490/3698 ... 6e80_o.png

cloud shadows off; detail shadows on
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4458/3698 ... df86_o.png

PS - The save game file is saved with this guy looking at the light during the day in Sanctuary with rain going on. The FO4 weather code for it is 001CA7E4.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4465/3698 ... 8b1d_o.png

EDIT: On the shadow question - that is probably bets left to the experts to answer but a layman's response is I like the close-up version in Skyrim but that's probably because I do a lot of close-up shots.

Boris, sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. If you still need a save, I can send one, but I think wolfgrimdark has it covered. What he's reporting is exactly what I'm seeing too, so our saves would be pretty much alike.

I still have the issue where, after a few game launches, the game will crash on loading until I reboot my computer. It only happens with 0.317 installed, not with any of the earlier versions.

On the shadows, I'd prefer high-quality near shadows over distant shadows, along with controls over intensity and softness, if possible. And if there's a way to have first-person player shadows, it would be perfect.

Thank you! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok guys, i trying to fix the last thing now with specular. Sadly, detailed shadows can't be yet completely removed, because i do not patch shadow shaders (37 of them, some are very huge, i don't want to dig in to write detailed shadow code directly).

MaxG3D
I cant give any answers, modding of this engine is much harder than old skyrim.
Maybe i'll get rid of detailed shadows from weapons, but they will be occluders anyway, i can only not apply shadows to them.

Supierce
Please test for same crashes 0.316 several times and if it do not have startup problems, then try attached to test same way many times
EDIT: file deleted

ENBSeries wrote: Supierce
Please test for same crashes 0.316 several times and if it do not have startup problems, then try attached to test same way many times
I think it was a driver issue. I was using Nvidia 387.92 for my GTX 1050. Nvidia just released hotfix 387.97 and 0.317 no longer crashes after multiple startups. The driver hotfix didn't change anything visually, though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with wrong ambient calculation depending from camera. Reduced a lot bug with detailed shadows when there are many sources of light (not just sun). The "bronze" skin bug with specular not fixed yet.
Please pay attention to testing this version if shadows and lights have any problems compared to vanilla game, i tried to activate shader recompiler and it may fail if you don't have d3dcompiler_46e.dll in game folder (i tried to not use it, but seems it is the only way to fix bronze skin bug without any negative side effects).

Chavolatra
I will not do subsurface scattering, it already exist in the game. And stop asking me anything about future.