Filtration

about everything
  • Author

Filtration

Can I/(can devs make it) turn off texture filter (bilinear/trilin....) and leave only nearest point sampling ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Filtration

Which game? And do you know how disgusting it looks like for sprites of all kind (particles of smoke, fire, magic effects)?

Everywere and everything. I want to turn off all filters for any game.
There is a very big theme:
Power on earth divided between lion, eagle(scorpio)and bull. Lion impressionist (likes blur), eagle(scorpio) expressionist (likes sharp). Light must be sharp, shadows and reflections blur. Shadows may be sharp, but light cannot be blur.
When textures sharp then all movements are smooth and colours fantastically colorful and honey, if textures filtered (pyramidal filter may look good, but not others (bilinear...anisotropic) ) all motions become drag and colours desaturates.
Just look on "Mass effect Andromeda", there are much of normal maps and all of them filtered -> All movements and animation are dragged and graphics look oversmoothed.
And when filtration turned on all objects looks like deformaterd rubbish.
When I play unfiltered doom3 it looks much better (I prefer to redraw some textures for unfiltered mode) and sometimes beautiful, and I can have "feeling of trigger", objects more "touchable"...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Isn't it simpler then to use special post processing shader for ReShade for example as much more generic code than mine? I did effect shader for deus ex which simulate look of old games with no filtering, low resolution and colors. I can only make such feature for dx9 and dx11 (maybe) mods, thats all. Do you have examples of games which do not have filtering and you like this? I know only PS1.

reshade... I will think.
There is NDS also. It was very liked by people, like psx too, and may be much more.
I think first normal game without filtration that looks good, will be maked by me :((( :)))