TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

@Pfuscher, could you elaborate a bit? What lower mesh and what holes? It does looks somewhat odd that the stones are facing the other way on the other part.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Mindflux: The road directions are made that way in vanilla/real roads, it's normal.
The Road mesh consists of two parts. The dirt02 part which is the lower one and the road01 part which is on top.
The "holes" are the non green parts of the lower dirt02. If it wouldn't have those the roads would look a lot better.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh yeah got it now, both meshes are laid on top of each other in your image.

So basically you'd want them to be just one mesh? Why, can you use a height map?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm probably bad at describing, but I kinda meant something else, I think.

If the upper texture has an alpha map and its flag, I could make the alpha black and white = visible/non visible, than the textures would blend like in this screen.
In order to do that the lower texture would need to be throughout/without big holes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Alright thanks, now we're on the same page. I'm also equally bad at understanding stuff, been a long day at the office...

It's kinda kludgey but I guess it should work as long as the lower mesh has the same geometry and is slightly lower to prevent z-fighting.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:Try this one for testing:

https://mega.nz/#!D8UFWZbR!U07habzCQ9Pe ... GAq746kzgE

Works like inteded. YES :-)
My alpha map needs some polishing of course.
The UV map of the lower part dirt02 needs some scaling though. The texture is much too stretched. Scaling needs something like x3.
Thanks in advance

After activating specular, parallax and uv scaling it looks damn good. There are 4 small brown holes in the mid area though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hell yeah, that's great :D It's indeed looking really very promising.

Have you tested it in-game as well? Just wondering about the z-fighting.

No worries about the holes and the UV, just didn't bother fixing those up for the test.

So, the plan is to modify all the road meshes? Do you have a permission or is it just for personal use?

*sensei*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haven't tested it ingame yet, but I'm sure it works. Having all meshes changed would be awesome.
Just wrote the author of real roads, let's see if I get the permission. If not, it's for personal use and the enb members :-)