Palatte to LUT, or generate LUT from active effects?

• Author
*sensei*

Palatte to LUT, or generate LUT from active effects?

Having run into some trouble with adaptation causing palette-mapped colors to turn extreme LDR with visible flickering I have decided to switch to LUT for base color map correction.

I realize this is a total noob question, but I haven't been able to find anything on Google or this forum search thus far. Is there any utility that will take the 256 palette format ENB used for the old Skyrim and convert it to a LUT with the same color response?

If I absolutely HAVE to start from scratch, what is the recommended application for visualizing LUT creation against an image?
Last edited by Phinix on 11 Mar 2017, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Convert Palatte to LUT?

Render lut texture with palette, capture result and save it as new lut.

*sensei*

Re: Convert Palatte to LUT?

Something that would be REALLY cool to have would be a script that took a base neutral 3d LUT, applied all active shader effects to it, then output the result to the screen so it could be easily screenshot captured, cropped, and used as a LUT.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Palatte to LUT, or generate LUT from active effects?

It will not work, input data is hdr with adaptation, night of the day, interior parameters.

*sensei*

Re: Palatte to LUT, or generate LUT from active effects?

Ah, I see.

I was able to get a different subtle effect for day, night, and interior LUTs using the method of taking a game screenshot into an image manipulation program, pasting a neutral LUT into one corner and flattening, then applying effects to get the desired look, cropping, and saving the LUT.