TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Skyrim SE

ENBSeries wrote:Okay, took the risk to install sp1 for win7, now able to run the game. Let's see wtf again Bethesda did.
Nice, without in depth enb control the game is no alternative for the classic one for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris

Thanx, glad you did it. This game needs your magic.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have bad news. Game is very similar to Fallout 4, this means i need to patch each shader manually (and game have 8000+) for every changes of per object data. The mod can't be similar to original Skyrim ENB by amount of features, it's too much hand work which is done automatically with shader recompiler in old versions (i'm using algorithms for detecting similarity in code and adaptively modify).

ENBSeries wrote:I have bad news. Game is very similar to Fallout 4, this means i need to patch each shader manually (and game have 8000+) for every changes of per object data. The mod can't be similar to original Skyrim ENB by amount of features, it's too much hand work which is done automatically with shader recompiler in old versions (i'm using algorithms for detecting similarity in code and adaptively modify).
Is there any way we can help?

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:I have bad news. Game is very similar to Fallout 4, this means i need to patch each shader manually (and game have 8000+) for every changes of per object data. The mod can't be similar to original Skyrim ENB by amount of features, it's too much hand work which is done automatically with shader recompiler in old versions (i'm using algorithms for detecting similarity in code and adaptively modify).
May I ask what features will be possible to use in future ? If it's possible to tell at this stage ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Corvo
No

Tansarville
Can't say for sure, this depends from popularity of this version for users, i'm pessimistic now about modding future of it. In general, same features as current Fallout 4 version have now. Maybe arameters for fire and particles. Better forget about subsurface scattering, it's under big doubt (btw, game have some buggy character lighting which changes by angle of camera). Uncertain about IBL, detailed shadows, clouds shadows - there rather not than yes.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Corvo
No

Tansarville
Can't say for sure, this depends from popularity of this version for users, i'm pessimistic now about modding future of it. In general, same features as current Fallout 4 version have now. Maybe arameters for fire and particles. Better forget about subsurface scattering, it's under big doubt (btw, game have some buggy character lighting which changes by angle of camera). Uncertain about IBL, detailed shadows, clouds shadows - there rather not than yes.
Then it's really bad news. Especially having not detailed shadows would be a total disaster in my opinion which game is already suffering from being flat LDR. I can't even imagine the result without that feature. But let's hope it will work...

I've been wondering also did you manage to encode AGCC section ? If i'm not mistaken you said it's written in Assembler language on old version of the game. I'd like to see if they changed anything in that section.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Trying to understand why there are two threads for the same topic occurring?

Having not touched Skyrim since Feb 2016. After firing up Skyrim SE and then my ENB preset from Skyrim. My god, why are we even asking for a re-do?
I couldn't be happier with my ENB preset in old Skyrim! The new SE version really doesn't add anything useful that ENB doesn't already do accept maybe the native 64bit executable. But from my understanding that might not of even been implemented without issues. So really, what is left? Skyrim with some new half baked sub-par quality effects? Most of which ENB already does better in it's current version.

Help me understand everyone, what is the main reason you would want to play Skyrim SE over Skyrim?

*master*

far327 wrote:Trying to understand why there are two threads for the same topic occurring?

Having not touched Skyrim since Feb 2016. After firing up Skyrim SE and then my ENB preset from Skyrim. My god, why are we even asking for a re-do?
I couldn't be happier with my ENB preset in old Skyrim! The new SE version really doesn't add anything useful that ENB doesn't already do accept maybe the native 64bit executable. But from my understanding that might not of even been implemented without issues. So really, what is left? A new Skyrim with some new half baked sub-par quality effects? Most of which ENB already does better in it's current version.

Help me understand everyone, what is the main reason you would want to play Skyrim SE over Skyrim?
For me it's just for fun. Perhaps due to words people/we use such as bad, total disaster etc. make things look like too serious but it's not in fact. And i'm agreeing what you said about SE and the old Skyrim. SE doesn't add anything and look same crap as Skyrim by default. I'm not sure also it will be popular same as before by ENB modders too. It's 6 years old game after all and and consumed everything in it by players and modders. There is nothing left in it to make people sparkle again. I'd like to keep having fun with SE version cause I'd expected to have less crashes at least but somehow I keep getting more crashes than even old Skyrim. But not a big surprise cause it's Bethesda after all.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I admit that I was on board for SE to work with ENB at first. But now I'm not seeing the point.
The only thing I have some curiosity about is if Boris finds some use in the new code of the unfinished effects or features of SE.
Perhaps he has ideas that would allow those effects to be fully enabled?

I can't even imagine the undertaking of starting over after 5 or 6 years of work. :lol:

BUT, if anyone can do the amazing, it is definitely Boris! :shock: