S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

i'am confused, i thought you post lost alpha screenshots, but thats a default soc isn't it? :?
and btw, whats wrong with ambient occlusion on some screenshots? it's very noticeable sometimes, depends on weather?

*sensei*

Sry, if my spam confused you :)
I have both LA and Modded SOC installed on my PC

AO may vary, I use different multipliers and functions in formulas for calculations.

Now I play OGSE, it's based on classic SIC but have insane side story line with creepy toy ( cheburashka), that helps you solving quests!

*sensei*

probably need better trees textures/models

had to start new game. Sometimes i rly think that xray works on voodoo magic, most unstable software, i've ever played :D

AgainstAllAutority wrote:Sometimes i rly think that xray works on voodoo magic, most unstable software, i've ever played :D
What else can you expect from a 15+ years old engine? :P Which was incredible modern back then.

l00
*master*

AgainstAllAutority wrote:thx, l00!
checked your link and i've found some really sick SOC stuff!

yea,i believe thats atmosfear weathers with some tweaks by OGSE autor (OGSE is such an awesome mod, and it have english localisation!)

reshade was originally made by euda, however i've ripped like 50% of code away, changed few lines and added top secret 3d lut there ;)
Yeah luts and ambient occlusion seems pretty nice. (mainly AO :D)
Why don't you use 4k LUT instead ? you'll get rid of some banding and strange behavior from low lattices points. I saw some of this around fires with COC and your reshade.
Using 4k will help you get smoother gradients.

*sensei*

AO is combined from prebaked AO, made by OGSE developers and realtime AO with some colorbleeding for bright areas.

actually, i dont understand why some mordern game titles dont use prebaked occlusion maps? It provides rly soft shadowing for big volumes, with literally no impact on player-side. However alot of work is meant to be performed on developer side ( yea... those lasy bit***s )
And realtime AO can be limited for only close area around player, so we can have more depth percision for local and dynamic lighting on actors.

i dont mean, that xray have cool approach for prebaked AO (its not that good as it might sound), however for almost 0 performance cost, its an awesome technique

*sensei*

with some photoshop to restore lost colors... seems i need to rework my lut, it look way better with some reds..

*sensei*

lost alpha

*sensei*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The last three pictures are perfect.

Stop posting such climatic screenshots from this fabulous game, I do not have time to play Stalker again :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram