solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Understand and install enboost

HI, (sorry for my english)

First my configuration:
Windows 10
Graphic card N vidia gtx 680 2gb
16 g ram

My Skyrim runs actually good on my computer. It's a little bit modded and i'm satisfied with the actual result. My skyrim is very stable, it nevers crash.
I'm using the last enb binaries 305 and the last version of Rudy enb 3.0 (wrapper version). Perfect!

But i want to install ENBOOST to improve "performances" and to "gain some precious FPS". So i try to find solutions and finally i read all kinds of contradictory. Finally i'm lost. So i'm waiting for you goods answers and clear explications.

First, UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics= true and SpeedHack=true
I must edit these 2 lines to " true" to activate ENBOOST. Problem, my enb is desactivate when i choose "true" and at the title screen, i have a red sentence "patchspeedhack enboost turn on in enblocal.ini.Graphic modification disable"

Second i have read comments about limitation memory on Windows 10. Does this means i'm limited with my small GTX 680?

Third, i understand the configuration on the memory size. No problem on this.
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=3714

Here is my first questions. For now i never succeed to run ENBOOST and my ENB together.

Thank you a lot for your answers.

Marmotte

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Understand and install enboost

ENBoost activation is applied by ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, so it work together with ENBSeries graphics, you don't need to set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true.

To configure memory manager, you should use VRamSizeTest DX9 tool from my site and subtract about 250-400 mbytes from repoted value and set it as VideoMemorySizeMb. ReservedMemorySizeMb=256 is okay, you may tweak it from 64 to 1024 to try which value have smoother gameplay for your hardware and mods installed.

Re: Understand and install enboost

ENBSeries wrote:ENBoost activation is applied by ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, so it work together with ENBSeries graphics, you don't need to set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true.

To configure memory manager, you should use VRamSizeTest DX9 tool from my site and subtract about 250-400 mbytes from repoted value and set it as VideoMemorySizeMb. ReservedMemorySizeMb=256 is okay, you may tweak it from 64 to 1024 to try which value have smoother gameplay for your hardware and mods installed.
Thans a lot for your answer. My conclusion is that Enboost was already running and already activated on my skyrim.
I just had to make small test about the reservedmemorysizemd to find the smoother gameplay.

Your answer was perfect and clear.

Thank you