[F4/SSE] Natural Bloom 3.0

share shaders here
  • Author
*sensei*

[F4/SSE] Natural Bloom 3.0

Hey guys!

This is a default ENB bloom, tweaked to be more natural looking, with much wider falloff. Besides that, the first pass have also been modified to use 1024x1024 resolution rather than 512x512. Side effect of those tweaks is that it fixes most of the default bloom issues like square mipmapping artefacts, flickering (to some extend) and banding between the passes. I don't know what's the performance impact because I'm running F4 on rather hefty rig but from what I know it shouldn't be very heavy even with increased resolution.

Credits go to Boris for the shader, Wolrajh, for making 1.2 version tweaks, Modular Shader Library authors for the saturation code and Roxahris for his Gaussian/Kawase Bloom.

Default ENB Bloom:

Natural Bloom:

Default ENB Bloom:

Natural Bloom:
Attachments
NaturalBloom_3.0.7z
Added Roxahris Gaussian/Kawase Bloom with the previous edits. I highly suggest using Gauss bloom since it's much cheaper performance wise and capable of much wider blur.
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 2595 times
Last edited by MaxG3D on 14 Nov 2016, 22:26, edited 11 times in total.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

Re: [Fallout 4]Natural Bloom

I'll take this opportunity to ask whether the default bloom, either single or multipass, is applying to way too many things on screen for you all too. I'd like to constrain it to the brightest parts of the image but it really shows on everything, giving me that "old romantic sitcom" look we learn to hate when I choose the Multipass option. Single pass isn't really any better to be honest.

Maybe there is something wrong in my settings but I am curious. Seeing your tweaked bloom and reading the description makes me think that it's indeed on my end... But bloom is computed early, before the color correction effects, right ?

*sensei*

Providing a screenshot and a bit more background of your problem, with the shaders you use, the config, system, etc. would help a lot. But I can already tell you that about such issues it would be better to ask Boris. Or maybe simply try my config, I adressed the soft bloom by globaly increasing the HDR values, check it out here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5414/?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You could copy the Contrast function from the enblens.fx to act the same for bloom, restricting it to the brightest parts like vanilla game bloom.

*sensei*

Some more shoots of Natural Bloom with my config:

Re: [Fallout 4] Natural Bloom

Yeah it looks nothing like mine. I'll have to delve into the code a bit to force the contrast I guess.
Here are a few samples of my issue : a side by side comparison, and with no bloom,low settings, high settings.
I guess you can see what I called the "old romance sitcom" effect =) But yeah really, in such a low-light env, at best what should generate bloom would be the direct sunlight hit on the upper walls, maybe the lantern and that's about it.

edit : that's using you bloom here, but since my bloom was broken from the start, it's obviously not your modifications that are doing what I see. Just-so-that anyone else downlaoding your file knows :)

*sensei*

Try this:

Code: Select all

[COLORCORRECTION]
UseProceduralCorrection=false
Brightness=5.0
GammaCurve=1.8

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Simple implementation of a "contrast" function for bloom is this;

Code: Select all

res.xyz = pow(res.xyz, fContrast);
place it inside the PS_BloomMix in the enbbloom.fx file, and under res.xyz *= 0.2; code line.

Interesting, I hadn't realized the Brightness and Gamma curve from the enbseries.ini seemed to apply to the source of Bloom and Lens...

And yeah, I was also trying some things under that res.xyz line too. I guess a little bit of both may do the trick.

Oh well, that settles it. Obviously I have to alter my Color Correction from enbeffects a bit but yeah that's definitely a nudge in the right direction, thanks !

Is there any way to just increase the quality of the original ENB bloom? I prefer the overall look more but since it's pixelated and shimmering in certain situations, it's preventing me from releasing my ENB. :?: