Fallout 4 - ENB Effect Demonstration Video Series

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fallout 4 - ENB Effect Demonstration Video Series

This is a video series that looks at new features of ENB series for Fallout 4 as they become available with each new release. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/tapioks

This video demonstrates the new 'character lighting fix' feature of ENB 0.280, removing the 'fake' light applied to all characters at all times. This allows for characters to appear more naturally lit when in darker environments, as shown.

This video demonstrates the installation and setup process for ENB 0.282 with the new ENBoost feature (including the VRAM test). I also review some of the other minor features of the mod ... and hints of upcoming features!

This video explains how everyone can determine the correct VideoMemorySizeMB value to use for their own particular hardware setup. Note that you may try using values larger than those suggested in the video, but the suggested values should be considered 'safe' to use.

This video looks at the new Profiler statistics feature of ENB 0.283, and how this can be used to diagnose and address some performance issues.

This video demonstrates the depth of field effect introduced with ENB 0.287, including basic configuration:

Here's a follow up to my video on the depth of field effect introduced with ENB 0.287, where I demonstrate a few simple tweaks for the Fallout4.ini file that address one of the issues with the effect. The issue is where the player character is not positioned in the center of the screen in3rd person mode, and as such they are rendered blurry and out of focus.

This video demonstrates a simple change to your enbdepthoffield.fx file that fixes the issue with the effect's focal point not quite following the cursor. Thanks to kingeric1992 for this little gem! :)

This video covers the Bloom, Lens and Dithering effects introduced with ENB 0.288 for Fallout 4, with a demonstration of each effect along with basic setup and usage.

Hi All! Here's my next video in the series, this time looking at the new Sky and Time of Day controls introduced with ENB 0.291 for Fallout 4. For your consideration:

Let's take a look at the new Sky and Time of Day features of ENB 0.291 for Fallout 4! In this video we take a deep dive into the new Sky parameters which allow you to completely overhaul the appearance of all elements of the sky. We also look at the Time of Day functionality, and how this can be used to automate various Sky and other effect settings over time. The video also illustrates some simple tweaks you can use to add darker and more realistic night skies to your own game, and also touches on a few other odds and ends.

Let's take a look at the new Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Indirect Lighting (SSIL) effects introduced with ENB 0.307 for Fallout 4! This video provides an overview of the new SSAO and SSIL effects, as well as configuration tips and some basic performance metrics, comparing ENB's Ambient Occlusion effects against the game's own HBAO and SSAO offerings.

Let's take a look at the new Environment parameters introduced with ENB 0.307 for Fallout 4! These parameters provide the ability to manipulate direct and ambient lighting attributes for each time of day. This video provides an overview of the parameters, as well as some basic configuration tips.

A brief overview of the new features added to ENB 0.307 for Fallout 4 in a recent 'silent' update Boris made to the mod. These include improved ambient occlusion quality, and a new hotkey to toggle the depth of field effect on its own.

Let's take a look at some of the Color Correction tools provided by ENB series for Fallout 4!

Let's take a look at some alternate lens effects for ENB series for Fallout 4, ported by Boris Vorontsov from ENB series for Skyrim! These effects include a dynamic radial lens flare, as well as 'schmutz', or dirt and grime that appear on the camera lens when exposed to bright light. This video provides an overview of the effects, followed by detailed installation and configuration instructions. I also provide a link to my custom enblensmask.png file which you may use in your own game, see below for details:

Download Radial Lens Flare and Schmutz file (enblens.zip) from ENBdev.com forums:
http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4780

Download my custom enblensmask.png file from Dropbox:
http://www.dropbox.com/s/2url2x84edba08c/enblensmask.png

Here's a quick video where I look at some of the lesser-known features of the ENB graphical user interface (GUI). Enjoy!

This is a video going over the installation process and features of the Shadow Boost mod by Alexander Blade. (I know, it's not ENB, but I still feel it is relevant).

Last edited by tapioks on 01 Nov 2016, 03:53, edited 22 times in total.

*master*

Re: Fallout 4 - ENB Demonstration Video Series

Someone used to do something similar for DayZ. It's very nice to have a summaries of feature updates on Youtube, saves me a lot of time browsing the forums. Thanks. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here's a quick video where I look at some of the lesser-known features of the ENB graphical user interface (GUI). Enjoy!

*sensei*

@tapioks
You should post these vids on reddit as well, in /r/fo4 or /r/fallout. You really deserve a lot more attention.

*master*

Xilandro wrote:@tapioks
You should post these vids on reddit as well, in /r/fo4 or /r/fallout. You really deserve a lot more attention.
That's a good point. I think that's what popularized those DayZ videos as well. Although I suspect that had more to do with the inherent difficulty of finding relevant information in Reddit posts. People like finding simpler ways to do things, like watching a 5 minute video instead of sifting through pages of useless information.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey, thanks guys! I actually did post the first video on Reddit, but they discourage folks from self-promotion, so I have not posted the rest. However, if any of YOU feel like sharing the videos there, I would be eternally grateful! ^_^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is a video going over the installation process and features of the Shadow Boost mod by Alexander Blade. (I know, it's not ENB, but I still feel it is relevant).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Another nice video Tapioks - wish more of the masses would watch these and pick up a thing or two ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@wolfgrimdark

Thank you sir! And as chance would have it, here's the next one!

This video explains how everyone can determine the correct VideoMemorySizeMB value to use for their own particular hardware setup. Note that you may try using values larger than those suggested in the video, but the suggested values should be considered 'safe' to use.

Last edited by tapioks on 24 Nov 2015, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Very well done - I plan on directing people to it if they have questions. Course I don't have any preset up yet on Nexus so I am not doing customer support like I did for Skyrim. Not sure I want to either. I am pretty good with customer support and most folks know if they ask nicely I will help ... and if they are rude I will ban them. I have a very strict policy on that which seems to work. But the FO4 crowd seems very demanding. Give me movies, give me comparison shots, give me a different color version, make this more transparent, make this less transparent ... just lots of demands and not very polite. Course I also seem some very nice folks who help out and give nice feedback - both positive and constructive.

Umm where was I ... ah yea great video :)