TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

Use whichever works better for your system. I have zero problems with ExpandSystemMemoryX64 and SKSE Memory Patch. What that parameter does is change the place in memory where data is allocated first ("top" or "bottom"). I would say leave it set to true if your Memory patch setting is left at 512 or 768 unless you experience problems. If you experience problems, set it to false. STEP does some good research but when it comes to these things they have a very small pool of data to pull from (a few users tests) and so you always have to see what works on your system because it varies greatly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kranazoli
ExpandSystemMemoryX64 is very specific thing which do not produce any bugs itself, but the reason of game or mods bugs to appear if they are exist. Kinda same thing happen with 4gb laa patch for oblivion, fallout and old skyrim. There are three levels of same mistake which leads to incompatibility. First one is for 32 bit applications with 2gb memory limit per process, like WinXP and older OS. Second level is 4gb native limit of 32 bit applications and it's the case of ExpandSystemMemoryX64 or 4gb LAA patches. Third is x64 memory ranges and they are not the case of skyrim, because only developers may recompile the same code and bugs will occur, if exists. And the bug itself is when code contains arithmetic operations of memory addresses which may return wrong values if address range is above 2 gb (and 4 gb for x64 version). ExpandSystemMemoryX64 primary goal is to fix memory fragmentation issues which is very problematic thing in almost all games, fragmented memory reduce amount of really available free memory. The best use of this parameter is on vista and higher os. On xp it works too, but have very minor effect.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

offtop
Need some help guys. I'm suffering from checkerboard bug and decided finally to find solution against it. I'll try to describe briefly, based on my own tests.
The bug is checkerboard which is visible mostly in videos at areas where brightness or colors changes fast. First i thought it's opacity of render target visualised somehow, but seems it's how driver or videocard copy data from back buffer to front buffer while frame is displayed with no vsync. On all of my old cards no vsync bug is just horizontal line(s) where upper part of screen is current frame and lower is previous frame, with gf660 and gf650 of different vendors and totally different hardware rigs i see the same checkerboard. It most annoying in WinXP, so i thought it's driver bug. But did test videos (links below) and found that vsync always disabled in XP and always enabled in Win7 (do not have bug). So, in media player classic (MPC) i turned render dx7 and this disabled vsync, bug become visible. This means it's in all drivers for these models of videocards or it's hardware specific data copy operation. To be 100% sure it's not anything else i did the tests with different PCs, those two cards have the bug, all drivers have it, bug exist even when playing video inside virtual machine with new intallation of OS, sometime i see it when moving windows too fast or in games (but rare in both cases). With gf9600gt this bug not exist. Nvidia forum is useless, tried to post there twice and only got silly response from fanboys who don't even read carefully what i writing. Now what i need to know is if this issue occur for GF6xx cards only and if it occur with 7xx (in case of replacement). Thanks!

Video of the bug:
http://wikisend.com/download/117636/bug.avi
Test videos which helps to identify it, you must be sure vsync disabled. If disabled, then at least sometime image will be split in two parts and in case of bug the line of split will be as cut by boxes or will show boxes entirely. May not be visible at first, try to pause or restart several times to get in "proper" timing:
http://wikisend.com/download/609852/444.avi
http://wikisend.com/download/271848/555.avi

PS: videos are not for epileptics, i warned you

kranazoli wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:They have nothing in common, use anything you want.
And what about these statement?

ExpandSystemMemoryX64

Warning:It has been reported that this feature can conflict with "Sheson's Memory Patch 3.0" (now included with SKSE) by causing Skyrim to crash if the memory patch fix is used to increase Skyrim's initial heap allocation (Block 1 or DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB in skse.ini) higher than 512MB (or 768MB for some). Therefore, if using the Sheson Memory Patch fix (either standalone or with SKSE), it is recommended to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64 to false.

source: STEP EnbGuide

Thanks!
I used ENBoost along with the SKSE Memory Fix and DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 for 100s of hours and I never had any problem. Super stable, no ILS, no CTD.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:offtop
Need some help guys.(...)
Never seen or experience such a bug. My GPUs were as follows - Riva TNT2, GeForce2 Ti then some Radeons, GeForce 8600 GT, 450GTS, 670GTX and 770GTX.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jesus, I almost became epileptic.

I tested on Windows 8.1 with my Titan Black (Kepler) and latest drivers but didn't see the bug even if V-Sync was disabled in MPC. Not sure if V-Sync is really disabled, though, I don't see much tearing either...

mindflux, make sure aero extensions or whatever regarding hardware acceleration are turned off (it's Desktop Window Manager [dwm.exe], to be exact).
ENBSeries, I tried to reproduce this bug for fun on my machine described in my signature and attached a video below. Is this what should be expected to see with 444.avi?
http://wikisend.com/download/156550/201 ... _17_26.mp4
I can't seem to reproduce the bug on any video, including anime, but this one barely looks like it, not sure if AMD is affected too.
EDIT: I have a guy who has gtx 7xx series videocard, would post results ASAP.
Last edited by JF049 on 21 Jul 2015, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you all the detailed answer about: ExpandSystemMemoryX64

I use these settings on my enblocal.ini:
(I have an MSI Gaming GTX 690 with 4GB VRAM)

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
VideoMemorySizeMb=3968
EnableCompression=true

Are these settings more or less look like?
Or could anyone suggets better settings? (mainly for ReservedMemorySize and VideoMemorySizeMB)

(I use STEP Extended profile as a mine line)

I have used any ENB for a long time ago. Now, I'm gping to start a new gameplay and firtsly what I want is just shadow fixing and a nice sunrays effect. In connection I had this for earlier:

Shadow fixing:

enblocal.ini:
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=false

enbseries.ini:
[EFFECTS]
//here set everything to false, but only these to true:
EnableDetailedShadow=true
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true

[SHADOW]
UseBilateralShadowFilter=true
ShadowQualityFix=true

[SKY]
Enable=false

Are these settings still good?

And also I tried to enable sunrays in enbseries.ini file, but I found it strange ingame. :/ Not, so good. :/ I guess, because I should change some other values as well. I do not want anything else, just shadow fix + fine godrays setting. I also tried prodecular sun as well, combine with suitable sun texture. I use Climates Of Tamriel.

If anyone could help me, I would be glad!

Thanks!

PS: And two something else:

The avatar functionality is currently disabled.

How can I enable it?

And how can I use automatic signature?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

JF049
At some frames i see that split line in your video have blocks, not the checker though. May be it's specific bug of modern hardware (they are all stealing blit methods?). At least most of the times it looks like it should for you.

kranazoli
Full forum features are not available for newly registered users, make more posts.

To kranazoli's post...

It has made a difference for me. I have been having a lot of CTDs after I upgraded my video cards to 980 ti sli - it happened mainly after a loaded save. I also had issues with the skyrim itself not wanting to load.

Changing the expandedmemoryx64 to false completely fixed my CTDs. Not sure why but no CTDs is awesome.