GTA V

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA V

resize those damn pics! :x :x :x

Flickr Gallery

ENBSeries wrote:There is nothing to report about GTA5 version of ENBSeries. I don't think that someone interested that at this moment i'm out of ideas how to implement cross threads synced variables which are fast for reading their values, because non cached "volatile" + InterlockedExchange greatly decrease performance and i use variables a lot, they are modified not just at the end of frame.
With a quick search I found this below, just requires .NET 4.5 Framework, not entirely sure of the exact use case you are looking for but in terms of accessing variables across multiple threads it seems to do the job without using Interlocked Exchange. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... kslim.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of what to add, well there's quite a long list. I'll try to avoid stuff like the flat colors in the city and the horrible ambient and fog colors as those can simply be tweaked in the game files. (Hoping someone makes a timecycle editor soon for easier edits). I guess I just want to see this game blow peoples minds and make some advancements in graphics that these companies can't afford to do, and you are the only person I know that can do it.
  • It would be nice to see the color pow parameter for all of the albedo textures in the scene like in IV.
  • Having a skylight and IBL with simple parameters.
  • V's motion blur is not very pretty, they blur the samples away from the center causing a lot of artifacts, so I was hoping for a return of your motion blur.
  • It would also benefit from a new adaptation like yours from IV.
  • I think having your own AO term will be very helpful for many other effects and here is why,
  • V makes use of a strong fresnel reflectance in situations like rain and on the cars especially, which would make it seem as though it could benefit from specular occlusion to hide this overdone effect in most modern PBS systems.
  • This can be fixed with an occlusion term, or you can take the more advanced approach of a SSR type shadowing where you raytrace the occlusion for specular, more on this later.
  • With a similar idea, you can obviously add raymarched reflections for stuff like cars and characters in the outdoor scenes, you can also do raymarched "global illlumination" with minimal color bleeding.
  • This can be done like SSR, I will show examples of this stuff at the bottom. You can hide some of the color bleeding by multiplying it with the AO term too.
For more on raymarched specular occlusion you can see here - http://www.gamedev.net/topic/649575-scr ... shadowing/
raymarched global illumination - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcMJPMUios

Of course in the end, you are the one who decides what will be added, and no matter what I just want to thank you for all of your hard work! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm using c++ for programming, don't think that will use .NET ever. You know, critical sections do not guarantee data safety, because other threads may access to arrays which you are working with inside critical section, so this type of sync is not works for me, even if it don't need volatile (non cached) parameters. Interlocked only works properly when volatile is used, but these functions unable to change array, because require 32 bytes alignment for every variable, so you can't just cycle ever 4 bytes in arrays and apply Interlocked* function to update crossthreads data. Well, guess the only solution is to split variables by frequency of multiple threads access to them, if they do not change more than once per frame (at the end of frame), then use standart cached version, otherwise volatile (and pray that will not forget about their classification).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

RedFlamez wrote:Hey CruNcher nice post, but do you mind putting a spoiler or shrinking your screens for us peasants with 1080p monitors they take up quite a lot of space ;)

As for Boris, I understand that an ENB for this game will be quite different due to API changes and the sheer complexity of GTA V, but try and keep us updated with your progress, the typical modders are all patiently awaiting the release of the first ENB for this game! :D

As for the mod itself, would you like us to give you suggestions? I know it can be hard to add something to such a game that appears to be feature complete but I'm sure we can come up with some additions that will be really nice to have. I have a lot of interest in your volumetric clouds for example, seeing those implemented here would be a game changer for sure, but as a graphics programmer myself I understand the extreme difficulty of adding such a thing.

And because its a gallery I guess I should post a screenshot.
neither spoiler tag nor automatic resizing and on click zoom seem supported here i always try to upload and host the plain non lossy render output

My City Tonight

Last edited by CruNcher on 13 May 2015, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Cruncher
If you're hellbent on using abload.de you should use a thumbnail for preview, like this:

Code: Select all

[url=http://abload.de/img/gta5_2015_05_10_23_40t6k7p.jpg][img]http://abload.de/thumb/gta5_2015_05_10_23_40t6k7p.jpg[/img][/url]

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Done all converted

Some new GTX 970 Results on my i-5 2400 (Focusing on Streaming Latency and Performance) :)

Boris

What the ???

Last edited by CruNcher on 13 May 2015, 11:15, edited 3 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, looking good!

wow nice screens!
CruNcher your pc specs is i5-2400 and single gtx 970? and you are able to run gta 5 in 4k with such quality and performance? :shock:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nothing really strange about that it is very well optimized and stable :)

but what is visible there about the IBL and Direct Sunlight Result can't be correct either a bug or a limitation or a Nvidia optimization ;)

And once you Drive around and see all these different Assets of this World it's very inspirational, all these different Art Styles and Nuances very lot of Heartblood in this and that it runs so well shows the dedication to Performance and Console optimizations :)

It sets a mark in Performance/Visuals for a Open World :)

And the Streaming never interupts this Experience (big Achievement in Multithreading Stability on low resources) :)

The Cutscenes are hitting Performance partly heavier then the Gameplay ;)

Of course you have in this Port a lot of Assets that could be better and were left unoptimized in their 1080p optimization state :(

Euphoria is a real great Animation System the Motion Captures and the normal AI driven animations are blending so flawless into each other :)

The Volumetric Atmosphere in Interiors is so damn cool done :)

I find it looks much better then many Havok AI Behaviour based results (inlcuding Skyrim) :)

Banding becomes visible in the Thunder Light State :(

*sensei*

icelaglace
Cant login into my facebook account, as Ive managed to forget both passwords(account and mail box binded to it). BUT, Im reading DSOgaming from time to time, and it states that youve started working on GTA 5 timecycle some time ago :)
Aslo, finally managed to edit timecyc: changed sky colour and sunlight direct colour into something that suits my eye better. I dont like grey/violet tones of some default GTA weathers sky. V timecyc seems to be much more complex than all the previous ones :?