GTA V

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA V

GTA5 have some bugs which do not allow to implement native multimonitor support from my side, so i gave up and will do old fashion way as all of my mods.

*master*

Finally removed fog, its all I need by now :)

*master*

dpeasant
Yeah it's possible now, you can get the latest OpenIV and you can edit the files.
Glad you're doing stuff on V!

Gionight
City is quite unbalanced, but actually it's kinda close to what LA really is... Textures aren't all high-res though compared to IV where mostly everything was very good if you remember :)

buzz
Looks nice!

--

I was wondering for ENB,
As the game has already a lot of controls of the post processing using the time cycles, like lens distortion, chromatic, color grading and stuff are actually controlled there on the timecycle modifiers and for each weather/time.

Would it be possible that we link these values to any simple post processing shader the user would be doing on enbeffect.fx for example or vice versa?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Weather files have enough parameters to make game look fine even with current tonemapping, just decrease intensities of everything at day and rescale adaptation accordinly, so that yellow-brown look will go away. I can't link weather parameters with time to anything in the mod, because 12 variables * amount of weathers and places (2 at least, default and urban) makes entire system hardly editable even with in-game ui by the mod, Skyrim modders hardly change much simpler weather system. I don't know what to do with parameters at all, do not touch them or make same as everywhere via multipliers and curve. It's the same story as with gta4, only certain vanilla time of the day and weather look realistic with the mod, the only difference is that in gta5 much less changes required and that moments are much more frequent. Basically, if not changing weather files, different tonemapping will do all the job. How parameters are handled, don't know yet, but for sure they are not in one shader, different effects executing at different time in each frame, so linking them to single shader may be complex task or useless.

*master*

Yeah, I tried to do something in few minutes for V and it looks quite good already with just the time cycle.

It's fine then, actually from my experience using GTA IV ENB , I can tell you that the values on the INI were actually hard to tweak in sync with the timecycle.

As it can look drastically different even with standard post-processing because of let's say azimuth height, color curve of the sky or saturation, etc.
It's hard to have a consistent sky no matter what values you use but it's possible.
It's mostly switching between INI and TC in GTA IV.

In the end, I suppose V would be best to untouch the TC, and modify the rendering itself...

Changing the colors could be done in final framebuffer or just fully timecycle as it has some tonemapping control already in it like a SweetFX you know... users could just add some color correction in the end in general in the .fx.

V TC is very cool and way more flexible as you can even control the amount of indirect bounces and stuff.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadows from Light Sources @ Nights still look low resolution also most in interior.

Some textures are also way to low resolution and lot of times don't blend well with the rest

Hair Rendering seems to be from the last Century :(

Chromatic Abberation i want to get rid of it but no option for that also JJ Abrahams Light Flares naahh please not ;)

MSAA seems pretty inefficient but there is no proper Temporal AA it seems :(

My current favorite car from its Material Result side is the Declasse with IBL Light Modes :)

Watch_Dogs had a lot of better results especially @ Nights also characters where much Higher Resolution itself and the Temporal AA is very nicely done apart from latency dependent ghosting issues :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For those those into tweaking stuff themselves:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/improved ... ic-removal

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Actually im pretty ok with the Lighting i always see it in the context of the characters to realistic lighting needs another approach for them also the Fog itself i wouldn't want to change that especially not for the SMOG state of the City :)

But yeah getting rid of the Chromatic Aberration and Light Flares would be already nice will take a look at the visualsettings.dat :)

Also some shadow enhancing would be nice sometimes shadows converge strangely at near distances the shadow distance setting in the GUI doesn't really help for that it's like their is a lod for the blur filter as well

i like PCCS the implementation in GTA 5 seems pretty nice and Solid :)

But the overhead is not so low not as High as in FarCry 4 and it gives some nice visible results so i guess it's really worth it's overhead sometimes :)

The Distance Blur Kernel really makes sense and some results in Realtime look really good :)

It's still a beast but not as much as in other titles :)

Also shitty you can't really use anything above High PostFX without having Motion Blur all the time Enabled by Default bad seperation here of PostFX options no Advanced options for them :(

Comparision to the Real Weather Light States Photographically (different Camera and sun azimuth Results)

Though i prefer the Rendering Results more from Luminous and Fox Engine or Anvil Next then of Rage (it got old) in GTA 5 they still not organic enough and look outdated in times of more strict PBR/PBS Rendering especially the SSS seems to have been done in a Hurry the chars look cartonoy as well (no big change from GTA 4 and only the main chars really got cared about.

Results are also not as impressive as for example some of those of AC: Unity but therfore the Performance/Visual Ratio is quiet nice :)

The Traffic Simulation also really solid feels much better then Watch_Dogs :)

And the LOD and Streaming System feels really Solid even on pre Windows 8 (DX 11.2) :)

The Cutscene Performance though is often way to low for the Visual Result, especially the problems of the mesh and shadows on the chars looks not nice and disturbs.

Btw the Lighting Artist of Crytek moved to Rockstar and was working on the Port already :)

http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/present ... n-crysis-3

https://pydonzallaz.wordpress.com/

From CryEngine to RAGE :D
Senior Lighting Artist at Rockstar North (July 2014 – Present)

Polish lighting for Next Gen GTA V on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Q3 2014 – )
– Relight entirely several key cutscenes for Next Gen platforms
– Work closely with tools programmers to improve cutscene lighting pipeline
My Personal current favorite Light Render State also for checking all kind of things (Temporal Render Stability,Performance,Texture Response,Sharpness, AO Results) :)

You can also nicely see that only the compressed 100% lossy JPGs have banding issues with the Sky :)

Hey Bro you never guess but i meet one of the Actors from Agnis Philosophy here in Los Santos and geez hes black and his beard is even heavier then in that Tech Demo back then by now ;)

I even saw Carlos Santanos :D

GTA 5 powered by ChimpFX ;]

Last edited by CruNcher on 13 May 2015, 09:06, edited 5 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Hey CruNcher nice post, but do you mind putting a spoiler or shrinking your screens for us peasants with 1080p monitors they take up quite a lot of space ;)

As for Boris, I understand that an ENB for this game will be quite different due to API changes and the sheer complexity of GTA V, but try and keep us updated with your progress, the typical modders are all patiently awaiting the release of the first ENB for this game! :D

As for the mod itself, would you like us to give you suggestions? I know it can be hard to add something to such a game that appears to be feature complete but I'm sure we can come up with some additions that will be really nice to have. I have a lot of interest in your volumetric clouds for example, seeing those implemented here would be a game changer for sure, but as a graphics programmer myself I understand the extreme difficulty of adding such a thing.

And because its a gallery I guess I should post a screenshot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is nothing to report about GTA5 version of ENBSeries. I don't think that someone interested that at this moment i'm out of ideas how to implement cross threads synced variables which are fast for reading their values, because non cached "volatile" + InterlockedExchange greatly decrease performance and i use variables a lot, they are modified not just at the end of frame.
As for the mod itself, would you like us to give you suggestions?
Like what?