GTA V

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: GTA V

Played V for a while yesterday, as I just got the PC game. (Used to have it on consoles)

Game's the same as PS4/Xbox One version except better shadows (like shadows being cast from headlights...) and displacement on some textures.

Game is looking nice, no doubt about it. Way better optimisation than GTAIV of course, you couldn't do worse than IV after all.
It's unequal though. Some textures are freaking high-res and nice, and just aside you have like 256x256 textures.. it's inconsistent compared to GTA IV.

I installed a savegame 100% because I was too lazy to do the game, the prologue takes forever and I played it enough on consoles...

Still, there are things, still kind of minor after all to improve but yeah :

- Fog / mist is weird, it's like it applies a very weird math on it... and does not really fit the environment. It's like a simple height fog that doesn't take in count their ray marched light shafts...
- Game is flat, very flat. In landscapes it's good as it's full of vegetation. But in the city, it's very flat. Sky lighting would help, like the Skyrim one, no really need to have the GTA4 complex one f.e.
- Cascaded shadow maps aren't blended nicely, it's still obvious even on PC.
- Water (despite the ocean) would need some parallax/displacement on it, like Skyrim. It's flat even if it shows waves. Or even a simple vertex displacement (depends of the geo, but still...).
- Better clouds, they are just textures rotating around the skydome...with one layer of height clouds which aren't very great.
- Lack of cars headlights refraction is striking me because I'm used to your IV ENB lol.

There are optional classic post effects that could be done of course but it's kind of optional...

So far, what I'm thinking is time cycle changes that is very needed.

I think some Boris treatments would be needed after all. I forgot some details and stuff that I was kinda disappointed but I forgot them, lol.
But more important is that you take care of you, and if you wanna do it, obviously.
Remember that there's always a huge silent majority that loves you and your work.
Just do what you think could make you at least better.

Cheers,

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nice post, so well said.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

icelaglace
Thats actually all i thought about. Well, when encrypting of game data will be possible, i'll start working on the mod, i hope.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

icelaglace wrote:Played V for a while yesterday, as I just got the PC game. (Used to have it on consoles)

Game's the same as PS4/Xbox One version except better shadows (like shadows being cast from headlights...) and displacement on some textures.

either you have shit computer or monitor, or maybe half blind.

charlievoviii
:o
Um, it's quite impolite to say something like "half blind" to others; you can disagree with them by giving some solid opinions of yours rather than criticizing them by using those words like above mentioned.

-Peace, amigos-

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

To be honest I can't see much difference either.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ice gets flamed, abc learned some manners. I'm gonna grab popcorn.

There are houndreds of comparison screenshots, everybody can google.

- PS4 has less vegetation. Grass/shrubs aren't visible after 30-50meter
- Shadows
- PS4 is blurred
- PS4 has less view range
- PS4 has shitty lods

just to name a few, there is many more

*sensei*

After some more play sessions with this game I have no other choice but take my words from previous post back, still don't like the main City but overall GTA-5 looks incredible of course with a custom SweetFX enabled. If only this game had similar console commands as Skyrim for screenshoting needs :( with Rockstar editor is way too much hassle to take just one screenshot .

*sensei*

Ive only managed to make some small fixes into overall colours and gamma using ReShade, waiting for tools to appear, so that it is possible to change timecyc(maybe it is already, have to look for them). Its a pain in the ass playing it with a 2gb 770, im thinking of switching to 970 or 980, once the price goes down a bit.