Dark Souls 2

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: Dark Souls 2

The controls in Dark Souls with a controller are near perfect. If you can't play it then it's down to user error - or more probable you fumbling about with a keyboard and mouse on a game designed for a controller.

Well and it is not an easy game. Even with a controller it can be difficult. Not everyone is good at it.

Edit: Also here are a couple of screen shots.

I'm working on replacing the game textures with some new 4k. Its going to take a while though cause there are a lot and they are pretty unorganized. Anyway here is a shot of the ground texture in Things Betwixed.

Ok so I don't know how to add links I guess but here is the url to larger image http://i.imgur.com/WIAmzyV.jpg

Plus a simple fix to AO problem. Just don't use it. The game doesn't look that bad without it and it is nice not to have to notice it flicker whenever it does.

ENBSeries wrote:I don't need gamepad to see that game is actually bad for my nerves. Reminds me Silent Hill Downpour battle system, when enemies kills you not because they are very smart asses, but because of player movements. No thanks.
The game is hard because it will always be the players fault for their death... because the combat system works its about learning it... even when I started dark souls it was REALLY hard.. but once I played the game fully after 42 hours on one character I played up to NG++++ and after 200 hours I was competent and rarely died after that, even when starting new characters

The reason why people hate it is because of the learning curve, like most games, they have a difficulty curve.

But this is just a players ignorance, I have forced people to play through it and they eventually understand that they were wrong because they just refused to understand how the game works early on.
Windows 10 x64
BenQ 27" 3840x2160 OGSSAA || Steelseries 7G || Logitech G402 @280dpi

Video games are meant to be fun. If someone is not good at a game then they probably wont have fun playing it and if they don't have fun then they don't want to play it. Forcing someone to play a game they don't like just makes them hate it even more.

Not everyone in the world has to play Dark Souls but that doesn't mean its not a great game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

cicala
I'm tired to say the same things over and over again. I'm playing games from 1994 and i know what is hard games and what just bad unbalanced shit. Atm i play Dragon's Dogma and die wasting 1-2 hours at same places as i can't beat easily group of bandints or lizards. But still, i play it and don't think that i'll drop it, because when i press the button, result is what expect it to be, i'm not hitting the air as idiot and enemies are not faster than i am. In Dark Souls player moves and acts like 300kg fatman and small pigs kill him faster than giants, i can press 10 different buttons and make many movements to avoid rockets in other games, while DS character only doing a hit. If somebody necrophile this doesn't mean that i like to play entire game as zombie. The only good thing for me is that game prooved that any crappy game must be very hard to be popular, so if i decide to make my own, i will not bother with balancing and making smooth animations fully controlled by player, it will be same bullshit as DS, because it's simple. From technical side as developer i see tons of crap in the game which players simply unable to see and i don't care what those blinds scream about, shorty it is bad (but DS1 was much worse, with such progress DS3 will be similar to the most modern games by code quality). I tried to play other games by "From Software" and they are all very bad, DS series was just a luck for them, this studio is one of the worst in Japan, because i love japanese games and know how nice many of them.

PS: get and play Dragon's Dogma.

ENBSeries wrote:cicala
I'm tired to say the same things over and over again. I'm playing games from 1994 and i know what is hard games and what just bad unbalanced shit. Atm i play Dragon's Dogma and die wasting 1-2 hours at same places as i can't beat easily group of bandints or lizards. But still, i play it and don't think that i'll drop it, because when i press the button, result is what expect it to be, i'm not hitting the air as idiot and enemies are not faster than i am. In Dark Souls player moves and acts like 300kg fatman and small pigs kill him faster than giants, i can press 10 different buttons and make many movements to avoid rockets in other games, while DS character only doing a hit. If somebody necrophile this doesn't mean that i like to play entire game as zombie. The only good thing for me is that game prooved that any crappy game must be very hard to be popular, so if i decide to make my own, i will not bother with balancing and making smooth animations fully controlled by player, it will be same bullshit as DS, because it's simple. From technical side as developer i see tons of crap in the game which players simply unable to see and i don't care what those blinds scream about, shorty it is bad (but DS1 was much worse, with such progress DS3 will be similar to the most modern games by code quality). I tried to play other games by "From Software" and they are all very bad, DS series was just a luck for them, this studio is one of the worst in Japan, because i love japanese games and know how nice many of them.

PS: get and play Dragon's Dogma.
I own Dragons Dogma and I like it as much as I like both DKS1 and 2, and I find it to be very similar.

Now unfortunately your dislike for dark souls sounds like to comes from pure frustration or just hate for certain game mechanics, but I'm not trying to change your mind you don't like it don't play it, but don't hang shit on the developers when they have a massive cult following since Demon Souls which I have not played, the game is popular for a reason because their games work.

But let's agree to disagree and leave it at that, I would recommend locking both dark souls 2 threads or just restricting discussion to screenshots only because the arguments are endless and I'm sure you can agree with that.
Windows 10 x64

*master*

cicala wrote: But let's agree to disagree and leave it at that, I would recommend locking both dark souls 2 threads or just restricting discussion to screenshots only because the arguments are endless and I'm sure you can agree with that.

dont be silly. If you can't contain yourself and need to argue in the thread then just don't visit the thread.
The DLC has released and I'm still messing with enb settings so I'd like the threads open, thanks.

and Boris..

How to get 18000 souls in 5 minutes without hitting an enemy.

http://youtu.be/4ovhQSAYkEc

wickfut wrote:
cicala wrote: But let's agree to disagree and leave it at that, I would recommend locking both dark souls 2 threads or just restricting discussion to screenshots only because the arguments are endless and I'm sure you can agree with that.

dont be silly. If you can't contain yourself and need to argue in the thread then just don't visit the thread.
The DLC has released and I'm still messing with enb settings so I'd like the threads open, thanks.

and Boris..

Nice pic! Also that video would be hard to pull off for a lot of Dark Souls 2 players.

My Flickr for all things flickry

wickfut wrote:

and Boris..

I was just ending my argument, trying to convince Boris to be neutral toward the j-arpg genre is a bit too ambitious for me, and its weird he like Dragons Dogma but not Dark Souls

The only thing I don't like is when things are said about a game without actually playing it properly... like if someone completes Dark Souls 1 story is free to critique it as much as they like, justifying what they do not like, but when someone has not played through it and said what Boris has said it feels extremely harsh.

I "also" suggested to limit the dark souls discussion to screenshots, because he mentioned thaat there would be no more development for the dll.

I'm all for further development but im just working with what was said.
Windows 10 x64

ENBSeries wrote: I'm tired to say the same things over and over again. I'm playing games from 1994 and i know what is hard games and what just bad unbalanced shit. Atm i play Dragon's Dogma and die wasting 1-2 hours at same places as i can't beat easily group of bandints or lizards. But still, i play it and don't think that i'll drop it, because when i press the button, result is what expect it to be, i'm not hitting the air as idiot and enemies are not faster than i am. In Dark Souls player moves and acts like 300kg fatman and small pigs kill him faster than giants, i can press 10 different buttons and make many movements to avoid rockets in other games, while DS character only doing a hit. If somebody necrophile this doesn't mean that i like to play entire game as zombie. The only good thing for me is that game prooved that any crappy game must be very hard to be popular, so if i decide to make my own, i will not bother with balancing and making smooth animations fully controlled by player, it will be same bullshit as DS, because it's simple. From technical side as developer i see tons of crap in the game which players simply unable to see and i don't care what those blinds scream about, shorty it is bad (but DS1 was much worse, with such progress DS3 will be similar to the most modern games by code quality). I tried to play other games by "From Software" and they are all very bad, DS series was just a luck for them, this studio is one of the worst in Japan, because i love japanese games and know how nice many of them.
I also love Dragons Dogma.
But it would be really bad using a Keyboard and mouse.
Just like DS is very bad with KB/M.

You complains about the character "300kg fatman" are very true and one of the reasons the next FROM game being made is gonna be faster and more fluidly them DS1/2 but is a PS4 exclusive.
Also DS2 uses the "Agility" stat that when below 95 makes you kinda of unable to properly dodge.
So is more like...shield all the time and only hit when there is a opening.

A lot of people don´t like DS1/2 for the same reasons that you boris.
Not sure of any of you guys see IGN videos but some editors don´t like the game for those reasons.
People even call it a Stockholm syndrome.. like you spend so much time with the game that you tend to like it in the end :D.

I love DeS, DS1 and DS2.
But for me the ENB as it is is already more them I have hoped.
And in DS2 nexus site the 1st and 2nd most downloaded and endorsed files are ENBs.