Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

Not sure that this is on topic and I'll move it to a different thread if needed but I wanted to see if any of you might be able to identify a fix for a recurring ctd I am having after installing skse 1.7 (may have been occurring before and I just didn't check previous dumps but the last 2-3 ctds have all given the same crashdump)

I think I have given all the relevant information here: http://pastebin.com/QGjRiRmb
However, I'll be happy to give additional information as requested.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

*sensei*

Higgenbobber wrote:thanks! seems to be working. maybe not the place to ask, but with skse 1.7 its suggested i remove the precacheracekiller dll, right?
If your racemenu is 2.7 or later, you don't need precacheracekiller/disablefacegencache plugins as it's functionality was integrated into chargen module. If you have no racemenu, use disablefacegencache.

Pirated version. VMmap still shows 264144/264144 even if log says "Sheson took your first born" etc. Apparently, SKSE 1.6.16 doesn't recognize "-forcesteamloader" command, saying "Can't read arguments", while 1.7 starts with it just fine, but still without effect.

*sensei*

crystallize wrote:Pirated version. VMmap still shows 264144/264144 even if log says "Sheson took your first born" etc. Apparently, SKSE 1.6.16 doesn't recognize "-forcesteamloader" command, saying "Can't read arguments", while 1.7 starts with it just fine, but still without effect.
Just use SSME.

Uriel24 wrote:Just use SSME.
Thanks. :)
Hmm... Does this mean that Memory Patch page on enbdev.com is really outdated?

*sensei*

Patching SKSE was the first way to apply this patch, and it was meant to test the effectiveness. Later SSME and SKSE 1.7.0 patch appeared.

Does FOSE for FO3 have an equivalent for this?

advice needed: crash after month w/o issues, lvl 50

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some directions on where to look to solve my issue.

I have played for months without a glitch (if I've had 10 crashes, that would be the max).
Load order is good, just 170 mods, nothing fancy (I follow rigorously STEP), I use ENB boost, Save Ugrids to Load (remained at 5), CleanMem and no changes in mods during gameplay. Basically, I have changed nothing since I've started in January 2014, mainly thanks to SSME and Sheson's patch.

Now I crash in Helgen / Riverwood (same issue I'd had with a previous play before Sheson came along ). I know it's an intense area, memory-wise.
So I tried increasing memory allocation from 512 to 640, then 768, then 896. No improvement. I also tried increasing that and the 2nd memory block. No improvement.

I have also run the Save Game script cleaner (Hadoram's), but it reported zero orphan scripts. So that's no the problem. My save file is just 14MB.

Since the problem is so sudden, I don't really know where to look, so any idea and advice what could be the problem would be useful.

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

After the intro can not view "to start a new game," "continue playing", etc.
I attach a patch dll and then it happened. (And the problem is that the game CTD when starting a new game (when you ride in a cart)
No one knows how to fix the problem with the menu? Manager, says that the game works. In essence, this patch is the only solution, I think so. *translate*

V3!

Hello,

I cannot seem to get this to function as intended regardless of what I try. I have made three personal mods myself, so I am not a complete beginner and the installation of this mod is really straightforward. I went through dozens of pages and at first tried all the solutions posted, but none of them had any effect. Placing the files in the correct folders did absolutely nothing and the ones that were supposed to generate a log file refused to do so. Similarly, the SSME mod--which cannot get more straightforward--does not compile information into a log file after launching the game either and I can therefore still 100% reliably reproduce a CTD right outside of Markath. I am sure this fix works, but somehow it will not activate no matter what I try.

I appreciate the work and would love to also reap the benefits of this solution.

Some additional information: I have approximately fifty mods running which I am confident are in a proper load order. My processor is a i7-4800MQ with a GTX 870M (3GB) and 24 GB of RAM using ENBoost as well as a resolution of 3840x2160.

Regards.