Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Don't do this, Boris. I know the game's awkward to test and debug, especially for someone who doesn't like the game. But would it be possible to just continue development until you fixed the only bug that remains, the AO flickering?
The game already looks amazing with the work you've put into the ENB and I'm sure that once you can test the flickering, it will be easy for you to fix. We're not looking for more features, just a fix to a bug.

My Flickr for all things flickry

Boris, i know the game can really be frustrating at times, but hang in there, there's thousands if not millions of gamers in the pc community who were really disappointed when they saw how the "superior" pc version looked like ,with your ENB and Durante's mod, you've made that million smile.

Tip: (if you need it)

1. Lock on the target when fighting ((R3)i don't know the controls for the keyboard 'cause i'm using a controller)
2. Wait for a moment to strike (it's not a hack and slash game)
3. kill and gather souls from enemies you think are easy and go back to the bonfire till you reach the amount of soul you want.

Just a friendly advice from one of those who smiled.

I'm really sad to see that you've given up, but I'm sure that you tried everything to make it work. Thank you for making the effort and working on this ENB so far, it must have been very discouraging since you dislike the game so much. Perhaps you will change your opinion at some point in the future.

Boris please see this. I've found that rolling is a cause of AO flickering too. So you don't need to crack the game, or even kill enemies. Just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMHhM3 ... e=youtu.be

All I'm doing is rolling in one of the areas that has flickering. You have to roll in the exact spot that I do in the video. Press circle or B to roll if you are using a controller. Or space if you are using a keyboard.

My Flickr for all things flickry

ENBSeries wrote:No more development, that's enough.
Well, that's a damn shame... Still, this was expected to be honest. Forcing you to make an ENB for a game that you simply do not wish to play (or cheat) was a bad move to begin with.
ENBSeries wrote:260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs.
This is a Souls game. It has mechanics in place that are somewhat complex. Super Mario also has mechanics in place, but they are not as complex. Did you know falling into a hole, or touching an enemy kills you? Did you know that if you rest at a bonfire (you know what a bonfire is, right?) all of your damaged equipment gets repaired? However, if your equipment's completely broken, you need to have get it repaired from a blacksmith.
ENBSeries wrote:I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate.
I would hate to play a game that I simply don't understand either. You have done a lot for Dark Souls II with this ENB, but sadly, this still doesn't give you ability or knowledge to actually play the game it seems.

I simply wish there was a way for you to develop without playing the game, but then again, I sort of don't. Regardless, I do thank you, again, for all of your time and hardwork.

just wanted to add my voice to the above. The Dark Souls series are certainly unlike most modern games. Ill never forget the first time I took down Ornstein and Smough(DS 1) Never have I felt anything close to that in any other game. Thx for what youve done so far :)

*master*

If this is the end, well, I'm gutted.

I've had more fun messing with the ENB files than I have had playing the game (still not completed it).

I hope you reconsider your decision, forget about the AO for now and add some new features to the .dll so I can carry on. If not , thanks for bringing the ENB to Dark Souls 2. I can't imagine playing the game without it now.

wickfut wrote:If this is the end, well, I'm gutted...I can't imagine playing the game without it now.
Hey, that pretty much covers how I feel.

Also wanted to state that I've been using your preset for a while now, and I absolutely love it. Thanks a lot for your hard work.

CyberPunked wrote:Boris please see this. I've found that rolling is a cause of AO flickering too. So you don't need to crack the game, or even kill enemies. Just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMHhM3 ... e=youtu.be

All I'm doing is rolling in one of the areas that has flickering. You have to roll in the exact spot that I do in the video. Press circle or B to roll if you are using a controller. Or space if you are using a keyboard.
This is the best option, Boris! You don't even have to do anything other than roll in the starting area. Just watch the video

*master*

I don't get that problem with AO when I roll.