New users, please be careful with antispam system, for you allowed image hosts are imgur.com, imageshack.us, tinypic.com
It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:28

All times are UTC

Forum rules

new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257
PostPosted: 13 May 2014, 22:53 

midhras wrote:
100% certainty equals belief. I'll never believe something. But I feel quite confident now that offline tinkering won't invalidate my game when it comes to VAC bans. Phew. I'm looking forward to some jolly cooperation.

midhras seeing as you know quite abit about making configs for enb, in reference to dark souls, I basically have being maintaining the YAENB mod on the nexus and want to add more, but I don't know where to start, the only other extra thing I've being playing with is the palette and to some success. but is there any other configuration options I can explore

I also should mention I dont add AO in my config since I am a firm believer of hardware AO such as HBAO+

Tomoko
PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 08:56 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

cicala
There is no hardware ambient occlusion and nvidia one also not hardware (and it's quality and performance much worse if set to equal look).

Ok, i'll try to farm mobs to get souls with another character (hate my zombie anyway, why the heck is it if mobs respawning?).

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 09:10 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i can't play this shit, 260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs. I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate. Use Durante mod or SweetFX, i'm sick of low quality bullshit which is equal or below indie games. You like it? Fine, just keep it for yourself, i'm not that blind and not mazohist. No more development, that's enough.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 10:41 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course, if you hate the game, no one is expecting you to do development for it. But let me tell you that for me one of the more lovely aspects of Dark Souls is that if you persevere, if you think about what the game tells you in the item descriptions and the cryptic comments by the amnesiacs and enigmas that populate the world, it gets easier. As you discover the rules (and the game expects you to try - it doesn't spoon-feed you), you discover that if you work with them, you can get ahead. If you blunder in willy-nilly, the game is going to kick you into the ground mercilessly. I don't think that means that I'm a masochist (although I don't mind having my ass handed to me). This game rewards reflection, care, strategy and skill. Also, it's an RPG. Level up your character and you'll have a much easier time. Get better equipment. Use Estus to heal yourself; use a human effigy to revert from Hollow (zombie) form to human form. Get to know the controls.

Or just don't, of course. Which is a pity for us. Any way you decide (and it seems you already did), I really want to thank you for the things you did already, as it's allowed us to have the game look a lot more like we wanted it to look.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 11:10 

Don't do this, Boris. I know the game's awkward to test and debug, especially for someone who doesn't like the game. But would it be possible to just continue development until you fixed the only bug that remains, the AO flickering?
The game already looks amazing with the work you've put into the ENB and I'm sure that once you can test the flickering, it will be easy for you to fix. We're not looking for more features, just a fix to a bug.

My Flickr for all things flickry

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 11:35 

Boris, i know the game can really be frustrating at times, but hang in there, there's thousands if not millions of gamers in the pc community who were really disappointed when they saw how the "superior" pc version looked like ,with your ENB and Durante's mod, you've made that million smile.

Tip: (if you need it)

1. Lock on the target when fighting ((R3)i don't know the controls for the keyboard 'cause i'm using a controller)
2. Wait for a moment to strike (it's not a hack and slash game)
3. kill and gather souls from enemies you think are easy and go back to the bonfire till you reach the amount of soul you want.

Just a friendly advice from one of those who smiled.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 11:53 

I'm really sad to see that you've given up, but I'm sure that you tried everything to make it work. Thank you for making the effort and working on this ENB so far, it must have been very discouraging since you dislike the game so much. Perhaps you will change your opinion at some point in the future.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 12:19 

Boris please see this. I've found that rolling is a cause of AO flickering too. So you don't need to crack the game, or even kill enemies. Just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMHhM3 ... e=youtu.be

All I'm doing is rolling in one of the areas that has flickering. You have to roll in the exact spot that I do in the video. Press circle or B to roll if you are using a controller. Or space if you are using a keyboard.

My Flickr for all things flickry

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 12:24 

ENBSeries wrote:
No more development, that's enough.

Well, that's a damn shame... Still, this was expected to be honest. Forcing you to make an ENB for a game that you simply do not wish to play (or cheat) was a bad move to begin with.

ENBSeries wrote:
260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs.

This is a Souls game. It has mechanics in place that are somewhat complex. Super Mario also has mechanics in place, but they are not as complex. Did you know falling into a hole, or touching an enemy kills you? Did you know that if you rest at a bonfire (you know what a bonfire is, right?) all of your damaged equipment gets repaired? However, if your equipment's completely broken, you need to have get it repaired from a blacksmith.

ENBSeries wrote:
I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate.

I would hate to play a game that I simply don't understand either. You have done a lot for Dark Souls II with this ENB, but sadly, this still doesn't give you ability or knowledge to actually play the game it seems.

I simply wish there was a way for you to develop without playing the game, but then again, I sort of don't. Regardless, I do thank you, again, for all of your time and hardwork.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 12:30 

just wanted to add my voice to the above. The Dark Souls series are certainly unlike most modern games. Ill never forget the first time I took down Ornstein and Smough(DS 1) Never have I felt anything close to that in any other game. Thx for what youve done so far :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next