Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Cooping the last giant gives 3k. It takes 15 minutes to get to and he can just drop his summon sign and then hide in the back of the room.
I feel it would be quicker and easier if he just grinded the mobs in the first area, and the start of the Forest of Fallen Giants. I'll make a video.

My Flickr for all things flickry

Here's a video, Boris, on how to get the souls without using cheats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UzMAA503NY

Every time you rest at a bonfire, it resets the enemies. So just start a new character, select a class that has a sword, and just go through the doors and kill the enemies like i do in the video.
Once you've killed them all go back to the bonfire, rest, and do it all over again. To get the amount of souls that you need (about 3200) it will take about 20 minutes.

The amount of souls you have is in the bottom right of the screen.

Once you have about 3200 souls watch this video showing you where you need to go to purchase a helmet:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRBobs_ag8U

-Go to the merchant and buy something worth 1000+ souls
-Return to the bonfire and rest there.
-Go back to the merchant and buy the Elite Knight Helm
-Done
-You can stand on the hill near the bonfire and the statue to get flickering when wearing the helmet.

My Flickr for all things flickry

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm quoting a source that works at Valve who I just spoke with concerning our concerns about VAC. He said:

"VAC only applies to secure game sessions. So if you are playing single player you should be fine but should be sure not to transition to a multiplayer game. If you are the one authoring the mod you should make sure your mod can't inject itself into a running multiplayer session, and it should disable multiplayer so you can't transition to a multiplayer session. If it's someone else's mod then I obviously can't advise you on how to run an executable I don't know anything about (or if you should) but you should know VAC only scans while you are connected to a secure server."

So there.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

Таким же способом души будет лучше фармить в Лесу гигантов. Тропинка вниз от костра в Маджуле. Там враги такие же не сложные, а опыта они дают побольше. Но можно сделать и так как показано в видео выше, выкашивать самую начальную локацию. Только перед походом на мой взгляд лучше обзавестись щитом. Он тебе и так по пути попадется, но если что можно его раздобыть на халяву. Идешь в переход к Огненной башне Хейда и прям возле входа в локацию башни Хейда, когда будешь спускаться по лестничке будет неприметный сундук слева. Там лежит щит. Ну или где-то поблизости, если я вдруг забыл.
Last edited by coffecup on 13 May 2014, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

midhras wrote:I'm quoting a source that works at Valve who I just spoke with concerning our concerns about VAC. He said:

"VAC only applies to secure game sessions. So if you are playing single player you should be fine but should be sure not to transition to a multiplayer game. If you are the one authoring the mod you should make sure your mod can't inject itself into a running multiplayer session, and it should disable multiplayer so you can't transition to a multiplayer session. If it's someone else's mod then I obviously can't advise you on how to run an executable I don't know anything about (or if you should) but you should know VAC only scans while you are connected to a secure server."

So there.
Thank you for confirming. Exactly like the FAQ and agreements say.

TL;DR: running the game offline, you will 100% surely not get banned.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

100% certainty equals belief. I'll never believe something. But I feel quite confident now that offline tinkering won't invalidate my game when it comes to VAC bans. Phew. I'm looking forward to some jolly cooperation.

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

midhras wrote:100% certainty equals belief. I'll never believe something. But I feel quite confident now that offline tinkering won't invalidate my game when it comes to VAC bans. Phew. I'm looking forward to some jolly cooperation.
midhras seeing as you know quite abit about making configs for enb, in reference to dark souls, I basically have being maintaining the YAENB mod on the nexus and want to add more, but I don't know where to start, the only other extra thing I've being playing with is the palette and to some success. but is there any other configuration options I can explore

I also should mention I dont add AO in my config since I am a firm believer of hardware AO such as HBAO+

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

cicala
There is no hardware ambient occlusion and nvidia one also not hardware (and it's quality and performance much worse if set to equal look).

Ok, i'll try to farm mobs to get souls with another character (hate my zombie anyway, why the heck is it if mobs respawning?).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i can't play this shit, 260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs. I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate. Use Durante mod or SweetFX, i'm sick of low quality bullshit which is equal or below indie games. You like it? Fine, just keep it for yourself, i'm not that blind and not mazohist. No more development, that's enough.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course, if you hate the game, no one is expecting you to do development for it. But let me tell you that for me one of the more lovely aspects of Dark Souls is that if you persevere, if you think about what the game tells you in the item descriptions and the cryptic comments by the amnesiacs and enigmas that populate the world, it gets easier. As you discover the rules (and the game expects you to try - it doesn't spoon-feed you), you discover that if you work with them, you can get ahead. If you blunder in willy-nilly, the game is going to kick you into the ground mercilessly. I don't think that means that I'm a masochist (although I don't mind having my ass handed to me). This game rewards reflection, care, strategy and skill. Also, it's an RPG. Level up your character and you'll have a much easier time. Get better equipment. Use Estus to heal yourself; use a human effigy to revert from Hollow (zombie) form to human form. Get to know the controls.

Or just don't, of course. Which is a pity for us. Any way you decide (and it seems you already did), I really want to thank you for the things you did already, as it's allowed us to have the game look a lot more like we wanted it to look.