Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Vibrancy- ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Vibrancy- ENB

INTRODUCTION

Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Vibrancy - ENB is an ENB configuration designed to give a colourful and immersive experience within The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Nights & Dungeons are normally darker than vanilla so pack a torch in your backpack or have Candlight to memory.

All files are configured using an AMD 965BE @4ghz, 8gb RAM, & XFX HD6870.

Mods I reccommend using are:

Skyrim Total Enhancement Project

Skyrim Distant Detail

Revamped Exterior Fog

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Candlelight Toggle

Texture Optimizer

All author screenshots were taken using Beautiful Skyrim ENB's with S.T.E.P installed over a high resolution texture base.

Please be aware that author and user screenshots may vary by ENB profile version as the config is improved, user configurations, mods, and/or settings and may not represent the work in it's current form. If you upload images please note the configuration and version used in the image title.

If you wish to see more screenshots or download other configurations by the author you can find them hosted at: Beautiful Skyrim aswell as on Skyrim Nexus.

INSTALLATION

To use any of these configurations you will need to download the ENB v0.113 binary from enbdev.com and install into your Skyrim Directory.

ENB 0.113

Backup your saves and any d3d9.dll files in your Skyrim directory.

Remove any previous ENB/FXAA and Realistic Lighting files to avoid confliction.

Install ENB 0.113 binary file into your Skyrim directory.

Open the Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Vibrancy - ENB folder and extract Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Vibrancy - ENB - AMD or NVIDIA (depending on which Graphics Card you are using) - into your Skyrim directory. Overwrite if prompted.

Set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 & bEnableFileSelection=1 in skyrimprefs.ini.

If you are using Parallax set FixParallaxBugs=True in enbseries.ini (enabled by default).

If using the Injector version of ENB 0.113 then run it as Administrator and then click hide to tray.

Launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, go into Data Files, and make sure the following mods are enabled and in the the correct load order as follows:

*Candlelight Toggle (if installed)
*Realistic Lighting
*Realistic Lighting Patcher
*Further Dark Dungeons for ENB
*Whiterun Lighting Fix

If you see alot of banding at night try adjusting your monitor settings or viewing angle.

Enjoy.

PLEASE READ THE NEXT TWO SECTIONS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.

EFFECTS & BRIGHTER NIGHTS

SSAO

To enable SSAO, open enbseries.ini and set EnableAmbientOcclusion=True and UseIndirectLighting=true. To disable SSAO set EnableAmbientOcclusion=False & UseIndirectLighting=False. Enabling or disabling SSAO will have an impact on performance.

Brighter Nights

To enable Brighter Nights open enbeffect.fx and set //#define HD6_DARKER_NIGHTS. To disable Brighter Nights set #define HD6_DARKER_NIGHTS

Depth of Field

To enable Depth of Field open enbseries.ini and set DepthOfField=True. To disable Depth of Field set DepthOfField=False. Enabling or disabling Depth of Field will have an impact on performance.

Vignette

To enable Vignette open enfeffect.fx and set #define HD6_VIGNETTE. To disable Vignette set //#define HD6_VIGNETTE.

Film Grain

To enable Film Grain add the appropiate effect text file into your Skyrim Directory. To disable Film Grain remove the effect text file. Note the effect text file, not the enb effect.fx file. Enabling or disabling Film Grain will have an impact on performance.

Sun Rays

To enable Sun Rays open enbseries.ini and set EnableSunRays=True. To disable Sun Rays open enbseries.ini and set EnableSunRays=False.

Detailed Shadows

To enable Detailed Shadows set EnableDetailedShadow=True. Then edit the [SHADOW] section as you see fit. Settings to edit are as follows:

[SHADOW]
ShadowCastersFix=false (true to enable)
ShadowQualityFix=false (true to enable)
DetailedShadowQuality=2 (lower is higher)
UseBilateralShadowFilter=false (true to enable)

Experience may vary between users so I have left this off by default. These are primarily optimized for NVIDIA.

Parallax

If you are using Parallax set FixParallaxBugs=True in enbseries.ini.

F.A.Q

Will this overwrite any other mods?

There may be textures included that will overwrite textures already installed. I normally keep these to water and sun textures.

Why is everything dark/bright?

This is likely caused by the difference in monitor settings between you and I. Just adjust your in game brightness level a little to a level that you are comfortable with. To increase brightness of nights only see the Effects and Brighter Nights section. Also check your ini settings. If you are finding dungeons to be bright while the rest of the configuration seems fairly darker it is likely you have Remove Ambient Interior Fog installed last in your load order or some other lighting mod that is conflicting with Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.

Why is fog not rendering properly?

This is sometimes caused by SSAO which is enabled by default. You can either disable SSAO (see the EFFECTS section for instructions on how) or try refreshing the render by opening up your map and then exiting.

Why is water transparent?

This is also caused by SSAO. You will either have to disable SSAO or live with it.

I don't have great performance.

ENB can be very taxing on an average system. If you have a GPU with limited VRAM, and tons of large texture mods installed, this can cause performance issues.

Try enabling the FPS limiter in game by pressing the Home key. This can make the game smoother at the cost of slightly increased loading times.

Failing that try disabling some of the effects. Depth of Field & SSAO can have a taxing performance cost with ENB. So try disabling them if you find the performance just isn't enough.

You can also try using a Texture Optimizer to improve your performance. This will compress your textures to manageable sizes for your RAM to load in to decrease stuttering.

It's also worth noting that no ENB can ever be one hundred percent perfect for visual quality & performance (until it is optimised by it's developer) without alot of quality resources being cutback. What's good for one person may not neccessarily be good for someone else. This is the case with every ENB, even those geared towards high performance.

How can I alter a setting I dislike?

If you wish to edit the ENB more to your personal taste then I reccommend checking out the Guide to ENB Series mods. If that doesn't answer your question then feel free to ask me on the comments section and I'll try my best to help.

Is there an in game FPS counter?

Yes. If you wish to enable the ENB FPS Counter, press * on your number pad.

How can I take a screenshot with all the effects applied?

If you wish to take a screenshot, press Insert. This will ensure the screenshot is taken with all effects applied.

Is there any way to disable the ENB in game?

If you wish to disable the ENB, press Shift+F12.

CREDITS

Unreal Warfare (ENB Profile Configuration & Mod Compilation)
Boris Vorontsov (ENB Series)
HeliosDoubleSix (Custom ENB Shaders)
Matso (Custom Depth of Field & Immersive Sun)
Mindflux (Further Dark Dungeons for ENB)
Confidence Man (Custom Water Textures for ENB)
Plutoman & co (Realistic Lighting 3.4)
Modinn (Candlelight Toggle)
Daemonjax (Whiterun Lighting Fix)
Kalicola (Custom Pallette)
Yukl (ENB SSAO/DOF Toggler)
SomeDude (FXAA)
Andrej & Echevarria (SMAA)

Also a big thankyou to everyone who has supported my work. Without your support, and sometimes a push in the right direction to pick myself back up this mod would never of have existed.

If you are not on this list but think you should be please let me know.

Thankyou.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 19 Jan 2013, 13:20, edited 44 times in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim: Unreal Cinema

Reserved for screenshots.
Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 28 Jun 2012, 07:22, edited 13 times in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

Wow mate, that is an astounding ENB.

I really like the screens, tested it for a couple minutes only though because I have to leave. Will return with more comments and screens!

~ Daniel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, and enjoy.

ENB Binary Archive

Stunning & Brilliant shots as usual sir!

Quick question: The black sheathed weapon with the gold/yellow trailing fabric that is pictured with your main character, do you happen to remember what site you saw that posted on or what it was called and where to download it? I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it and I went the other day to go download it and just drew a blank and now can't remember where I saw it posted. Any help would be greatly appreciated it. TIA!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for your compliments.

That Katana would be this one.

Enjoy.

ENB Binary Archive

Thank You for the link.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem mate, you're welcome!

ENB Binary Archive

Tsu

Yet again, stellar work Unreal. And you've got a good eye for what I'd call "skyrim photography". And also, what katana are you using in a few of those screens?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thankyou Tsu.

Link to Katana mod is three posts up.

ENB Binary Archive