Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

Thanks Boris, the new ENB is fantastic.

I figured out why the shadows where so faint in the versions after .161, this was because of the fog fade range.
i had set it to 7 in the enbseries.ini, when i set it to 1 in this new version suddenly the shadows where dark again.

And the new memory manager is fantastic, like someone said before, i played with the new ENB for 10 hours straight and the
game did not even crash once !
Normally it crashes every hour on fasttravel or loading, now it doesn't crash at all, it is really perfect.

So you did a incredible job here, thanks a million !

i will send some your way when i get my monthly payout on PayPal, you deserve it for your hard work.

After testing it the game runs a lot better and will be using it a lot so I'll be sending a donation as a thanks by the end of the month. Thanks!

*sensei*

One question though, i never succeeded in getting the sunsprite to work with New Vegas, it works with Fallout 3, but when i copy my ENB to New Vegas i have no sunsprite.
Is there anything in particulair you need to do to make it work ?

the fx and tga file are in the root, and in the fx file it uses example 3.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't know, it worked for me. Try increase sun intensity, if it not change, then some mod modified sun.

*sensei*

yes, my own weather mod changes the sun's textures, but i tried deleting them and use the vanilla sun, also increased sun intensity, but still no sunsprite.

i'll try disabling all my mods to see if it works.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Remove in enbsunsprite.fx shader all lines with "clip" function.

*sensei*

just tried with no mods.
also removed all lines with clip function, wel commented them out with //

still no sunsprite.

EDIT: Fallout 3 and New Vegas and also Oblivion always had problems with sunglare.dds,
there is a bug in the game engine that only renders the sunglare when you have not entered a building yet.
So i wanted to try to use the enb sunsprite to replace the faulty sunglare routine from the vanilla game.
With Fallout 3 it works perfectly, but not with New Vegas sadly...oh well..

I made a crude workaround, the sunglare dissapears when you enter and then leave a building, and the enb sunsprite does not work with me,
so the only texture that is always visible in the game is the sun.dds texture, i simply made a sunglare in the sun.dds texture and blanked the sunglare.dds,
it is mostly static, so the sunglare does not grow or dissapear when you look down, but at least i always have a nice sunglare on my sun.

Funny thing is, it actually behaves very realisticly now, when the sun dissapears behind the clouds the ENB corona/glare dissapears like it does in real lif when
the sun goes behind the clouds and the intensity drops drastically, and when it reappears you get washed in light, it looks quite nice like this.
Last edited by Marcurios on 10 Sep 2013, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

Marcurios wrote:just tried with no mods.
still no sunsprite.
You're doing something wrong. Make clean fallout installation and install enb only, and try one more time.

*sensei*

well i actually know all there is to know about modding this game, and i can tell you that a clean Fallout installation is not going to resolve my problem.
I only have a few mods, and all my texture and mesh resources are packed in BSA files, so if i disable those and briefly put my Original ini files back i have a clean Fallout install.

trust me, i know my game, i made hundreds of mods, scripted mods and weather mods like Nevada Skies URWLified.

i tried a clean Fallout, and clean ENB, but to no avail.

so no, i did not do anything wrong, trust me.
but i just tried to get it to work, if it does not work, that's fine with me, i've got a good workaround, it's not that important.

*sensei*

Tnh, that's really strange. I never have such problems, on different PCs, with different OS, even on AMD card based pc)