Water of Rivers too bright at Night

• Author
*master*

Water of Rivers too bright at Night

I m getting too bright Rivers at Night with ENB (0.139). Its like the Textures are a little glowing. Also trying to compensate this by changing AmbientLightingIntensity, or any other Parameter has no Effect (At least not noticable) on the Water of the Rivers. The Landscape around the River is getting brighter / darker, but not the Rivers.
Is this a known Problem? Nvidia Issue? Are there workarounds for this?
I will post Images as needed this afternoon, when i m back from work ...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Water of Rivers too bright at Night

Download and install particle fixes from here and decrease IntensityNight under [PARTICLE] until the water foam looks good to you. If you find foam that is not affected by settings in [PARTICLE] category, please let me know.

*master*

No, i ve allready installed your Fix and the foam looks good now. Its the whole Water of the Rivers (Compare Screenshots)

Vanilla:

ENB:

And as I mentioned adjusting AmbientLighting etc. seem to not affect the Water, just the Landscape around ...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Right, that's the kind of water you meant.

Well, you're actually not too far from a solution as you've already noticed that ambient light doesn't really affect water. Thus, you need to decrease the brightness of your nights so that the water is suitably dark, then compensate by increasing direct and ambient lighting. If you're using an enbeffect.fx with day/night/interior separation, the easiest way to achieve this is to decrease EBrightnessV2Night. If you need help adding the separation, I can add it for you, just pm me.

*master*

Ah ok! I ve to edit Parameters in enbeffect.fx then. Ok, I will have a look at it and PM you if I dont get it right :lol:

I need help with this.

Is that parameter supposed to be already in the enbeffect.fx?

It's not in mine, so do I add it somewhere?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, it's not - and furthermore, you need to have day, night and interior separation. Attached is a standard enbeffect.fx with full separation I did earlier, use it as an example.
Attachments
enbeffect.zip
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 239 times