Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle fixes for ENB

In my opinion that's caused by dark textures and incorrect interrelationship of ambient and direct lighting. Increasing ambient lighting intensity and lowering its curve makes the grass brighter, whereas increasing direct lighting curve makes it darker. You need careful balancing to set everything up correctly, and because texture makers unfortunately stray from the vanilla brightness, you will need to somewhat adapt your settings each time you install a new texture replacer.

Here's mine for comparison with vurt's textures, set up pretty nicely:

--JawZ-- wrote:For me it is both, I can take pictures aswell but I will first try and run with vanilla textures and then the TPC textures to see if all those textures display the same effect.
I seem to have fixed it thru ENB now.

AmbientLightingIntensityDay=5.0
AmbientLightingCurveDay=3.0
AmbientLightingDesaturationDay=0.75

Now it looks like this:

Before:

Dunno how it works for other ENBs tho, having the Curve above 2 seems to make the Dark Grass match the ground textures.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, that's how it works. As you can see, the puzzle gets trickier, as obviously the lighting settings affect pretty much everything else as well...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So, I did some testing with one of the dead shrubs in partial shadows - what do you think?

Vanilla:

Modded:

amplifie

Absolutly Amazing Stuff, i can´t believe what´s going on here, it looks so damn beautiful - mindblowing! How do you guys do such great improvements!? Are these pics taken with the new 0.139 Version or do you have tweaked a specific preset? I´m using Enb like Superb Enb and Seasons of Skyrim, but your Pictures are pure stunning. Do you mind sharing these settings, i would really appreciate to look at it in real time with my new Graphics Card - and if not, no problem :) But maybe you can give me a hint wich preset maybe a good starting point? Thank you in advance.

And many many thanks to Boris Vorontsov for making all these things possible!!!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, if you mean those above images, the effect is created by adaptation. The shots are from my preset that's sadly become more or less just a testbed for experimenting, so it's not really usable to anyone else, at least not for now. If you want to try a preset with intense, realistic adaptation, give Opethfeldt's ENB a try. He's not finished his new preset yet, though, so you will need to use 0.119.

And thanks! Hope to see you around.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MindFlux
Nope, that spell effect is from an animation mod, of course. Can't remember wich...
Your setup looks hellish good. I love the way your grass is sun-burnt. Adaptation crazy settings can achieve VERY good things.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It might be this mod aswell, if you meant the fire spell, the other one looks like the magelight effect in the two first pictures. Or maybe I'm getting confussed here about what you mean :P

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28642

mindflux wrote:So, I did some testing with one of the dead shrubs in partial shadows - what do you think?
Nice, now share that ENB preset. :P

mindflux wrote: By the way, does anyone else have issues with vegetation not shadowing properly? The severity of the issue depends on the way your preset is set up, but it's pretty major for me now, so I thought about fixing it, see here:

Also notice the hanging moss shadowing partially on the left side.

Worth the time?
Same reason the doors were not shadowing. Since you fixed the door in Solitude you could guess why. :)

Anyway, nothing with alpha blending enabled can receive/cast shadows. I found that carrots have alpha blending for some reason, when testing shadowing/adaptation/skylighting around the back of Jorrvaskr. I just submitted the carrot fix to USKP as well as the Solitude door fix, which is how I found out about this topic (from the person who reported the bug).

If you notice anything not shadowing you're likely going to have to make sure the mesh has Alpha Blending disabled.

It's very expensive to do alpha blend / transparency sorting so they are usually removed from any kind of depth buffer effects like shadows.

Edit: Other reasons can be too strong Rim/Back lighting. If you have SMIM for example, the tomatoes appear to not be shadowed. They are, but he has rim lighting and backlighting shaders on them. They're a bit too strong looking in dark shadows.

Edit2: Also, I noticed you mentioned market stalls too. I realized that even though I submitted this fix last month, it was accidentally left out of the release of USKP 1.2.6 (it's marked as RESOLVED/FIXED)... So it should be making it into 1.2.7 along with the Solitude door fix; only one door was fixed in 1.2.6 .. the door is in two folders. Anybody who plays this game should be (better be) running the USKP... just if too many fixes start being included in this package without also including the USKP fixes, that's where the real problem with overlap occurs.