Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle fixes for ENB

Thanks for these fixes yet again Mindflux, and you guys are not the only one that got a bit irritated/frustrated on that damn "glowing door"

Actually yes I do, but I'm using Vurt's latest textures. So I will try and remove all the grass textures and run wit Vanilla textures to see if it fixes it for me. But the problem for me is that they are black or shadowed even when lights hit them, and only a few grass bushes are affected by the SSS effect while some are not.

EDIT;

Sorry fast read through your comment and didn't realize what vegetation you where speaking of :P, but if you would do that fix it would be appreciated by me and the others aswell I think.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Lucky man :D Well, maybe I'll just forget about it and rework my preset to get around it. By the way, is that 'hand' spell effect standard? Looks really cool.

Jawz
Eh, so I'm not the only one fast-reading... :lol: Anyway, I'm not an expert at any rate but it doesn't surprise that you've noticed issues. As far as I've checked, the meshes are, surprisingly enough, quite a mess. Don't know about grasses yet, but I guess for performance reasons the other vegetation mostly uses alpha testing so they look a bit rough, and the SSS intensity varies considerably, that's why some plants seem to glow in the dark especially with high gamma (pow) while others are fine.

It would probably be a good idea to find a kind of middle-of-the-road that would work for everyone before making huge changes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Mindflux

Wow, thanks for a great little bug-fix pack! May we redistribute your files (with credit, of course) in our own ENB configurations? I'd like to build a config that is structured around these files, but also want to be sure all end users will also have the files.

Thanks again!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks
Absolutely you can, the files are of course free to distribute. Thanks for the reminder, I'll add the information to the description.

Does this also work for Grass?

When the Direct Lighting and Ambient Lighting is set high, grass will look dark and pop out of the landscape.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@ Mindflux

Like I said everyone does it once and a while ;) It also stays dark when increasing Direct and ambient lighting settings as Svarog here mentioned. I only noticed it because I was testing out settings for SSAO and with GUI it is pretty easy to go insanely high while still be able to see where the sweet spot is in real-time.

@ Svarog

Seems I'm not the only one with dark grass then, are you using any texture mod?

--JawZ-- wrote:Seems I'm not the only one with dark grass then, are you using any texture mod?
Vurts Flora Overhaul, it's known for it's dark grass tho.

I temporarily fixed it by making the Grass Textures 0.75 Brighter and the Landscape 1.50 Darker in Photoshop.

But it would be nice if it could be fixed the same way as the Water.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is all grass affected or just some type(s)? A screenshot would be nice.

mindflux wrote:Is all grass affected or just some type(s)? A screenshot would be nice.
All Grass is affected by it.

Before without altered textures:

And this is how it looks after i applied my personal fix:

It's like the opposite of the Water textures at night.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For me it is both, I can take pictures aswell but I will first try and run with vanilla textures and then the TPC textures to see if all those textures display the same effect.