Unreal Cinema - ENB (Skyrim)

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal Cinema - ENB (Skyrim)

INTRODUCTION

Unreal Cinema is an ENB configuration designed to give a cinematic and immersive experience within The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Requires 0.155 Binary.

This profile supports AMD setups. All files are configured using an AMD 965BE @4ghz, 8gb RAM, & XFX R7950 BE / XFX HD6870. It also supports Enhanced Lights and FX. Also included within this profile is Mindflux\'s Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB.

All author screenshots were taken using Unreal Cinema however please be aware that screenshots may vary by ENB profile version as the configuration is improved and may not represent the work in it\'s current form. If you upload user images please note the version used in the image title.

INSTALLATION

To use this configuration you will need to download the ENB 0.155 binary and install into your Skyrim Directory.

Backup your saves and any d3d9.dll files in your Skyrim directory.

Remove any previous ENB/FXAA and Realistic Lighting files to avoid confliction.

Open the Unreal Cinema ENB folder and extract the profile into your Skyrim directory. Overwrite if prompted.

Install reccommended Data Files. You should be able to install / uninstall via NMM for ease of use.

Navigate to My Documents/Games/Skyrim and set

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bEnableFileSelection=1
bDoDepthOfField=0
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bDrawShadows=1

in skyrimprefs.ini.

If you are using Parallax set FixParallaxBugs=True in enbseries.ini (enabled by default).

Disable hardware Anti Aliasing and Anisotopic FIltering settings on your graphics card control centre. This will be handled by the ENB profile.

Launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

If you play in third person exclusively then I highly reccommend editing your character position using Enhanced Third Person Camera so that your character is a little to the left of the crosshair for optimal experience with the Tilt Shift Depth of Field.

Reccommened settings for Enhanced Third Person Camera are:

X Position= 35 (50 for Bow and Crossbow)
Z Position= -10

You can also modify your third person camera by adding the following tweak into your skyrim.ini. If the [CAMERA] section is not already there then create it. Tweak the camera to your liking, just make sure your character is off to one side of the crosshair so that the Tilt Shift Depth of Field is only active beyond where your crosshair is pointing, rather than constantly active due to the centred position of the players character.

[Camera]
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

You can also try one of the other tweaks offered by some other players like:

Improved TPP View

Skyrim Static Camera Mod

I reccommend using Archer tweaked versions.

Enjoy.

Should you be unfamiliar with ENB installation there is an installation guide in the downloads section.

PLEASE READ THE NEXT TWO SECTIONS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.

EFFECTS, DUNGEONS, & NIGHTS

SSAO

To disable SSAO, open enbseries.ini and set:

EnableAmbientOcclusion=False

and:

UseIndirectLighting=False.

To re-enable SSAO, open enbseries.ini and set:

EnableAmbientOcclusion=True

and:

UseIndirectLighting=true.

Enabling or disabling SSAO will have an impact on performance. This will require a restart before changes take effect.

Depth of Field

To disable Depth of Field open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, uncheck Depth of Field, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

To enable Depth of Field open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, check Depth of Field, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

Enabling or disabling Depth of Field will have an impact on performance.

Vignettes

To disable Letterbox Vignette (black bars top and bottom of screen) open enbeffect.fx and set:

//#define LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE.

To re-enable Letterbox Vignette open enb.effect.fx and set:

#define LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE.

To enable Round Vignette (darkened corners) open enbeffect.fx and set:

#define ROUND_VIGNETTE.

To disable Round Vignette open enbeffect.fx and set

//#define ROUND_VIGNETTE.

You should only have one vignette enabled at any one time, so make sure that if you use one you disable the other.

Sepia Tone

To disable Sepia Tone open enb.effect.fx and set:

//#define SEPIATONE.

To re-enable Sepia Tone open enb.effect.fx and set:

#define SEPIATONE.

Film Grain

To disable Film Grain open enbeffect.fx and set:

//#define ENABLE_GRAIN

To re-enable Film Grain open enbeffect.fx and set:

#define ENABLE_GRAIN

Sun Rays

To disable Sun Rays open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, uncheck Sun Rays, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

To enable Sun Rays open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, check Sun Rays, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

Detailed Shadows

To disable Detailed Shadows open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, uncheck Detailed Shadows, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

To enable Detailed Shadows open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, check Detailed Shadows, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

You can also edit the [SHADOW] section as you see fit. Settings to edit are as follows:

[SHADOW]
ShadowCastersFix=true / false
ShadowQualityFix=true / false
DetailedShadowQuality=2 (lower is higher)
UseBilateralShadowFilter=true / false

These are set to true by default.

Rain

The latest version of ENB now includes adjustable Rain as a feature.

To disable Rain open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, uncheck Rain, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

To enable Anti Aliasing open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, check Rain, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

Anti Aliasing

To disable Anti Aliasing open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, uncheck Anti Aliasing, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

To enable Anti Aliasing open the ENB GUI by pressing Shift+Enter, check Anti Aliasing, and then click on Save Configuration at the top of the GUI.

Either enable ENB AA or use SMAA/FXAA Injector AA (ENB AA and Injector AA can be used together). Hardware AA will cause effects not to render so should always be disabled with this configuration.

F.A.Q

Will this overwrite any other mods?

There may be textures included that will overwrite textures already installed. I normally keep these to water and sun textures.

Why is everything dark/bright?

This is likely caused by the difference in monitor settings between you and I. Just adjust your in game brightness level a little to a level that you are comfortable with.

Why is fog not rendering properly?

This is sometimes caused by SSAO which is enabled by default. You can either disable SSAO (see the EFFECTS section for instructions on how) or try refreshing the render by opening up your map and then exiting.

Why is water transparent?

This is also sometimes caused by SSAO. You will either have to disable SSAO or live with it.

I don\'t have great performance.

ENB can be very taxing on an average system, especially with alot of effects applied. If you have a GPU with limited VRAM, and tons of large texture mods installed, this can cause performance issues.

Try enabling the FPS limiter in game by pressing the Home key. This can make the game smoother at the cost of slightly increased loading times.

Failing that try disabling some of the effects. Depth of Field & SSAO can have a taxing performance cost with ENB. So try disabling them if you find the performance just isn\'t enough.

You can also try using a Texture Optimizer to improve your performance. This will compress your textures to manageable sizes for your RAM to load in to decrease stuttering.

It\'s also worth noting that no ENB can ever be one hundred percent perfect for visual quality & performance (until it is optimised by it\'s developer) without alot of quality resources being cutback. What\'s good for one person may not neccessarily be good for someone else. This is the case with every ENB, even those geared towards high performance.

How can I alter a setting I dislike?

To alter settings in enbseries.ini you can change them in real time in-game by pressing Shift+Enter to bring up the ENB GUI. Make sure you save your changes if you want to keep them. If you wish to discard your changes just exit the GUI (Shift+Enter) and then press Backspace to reload the profile.

For all other file edits use notepad. You will have to Alt+Tab in and out but you will see most changes in real time.

If you wish to edit the ENB more to your personal taste then I reccommend checking out the Guide to ENB Series mods. If that doesn\'t answer your question then feel free to ask me on the comments section and I\'ll try my best to help.

Is there an in game FPS counter?

Yes. If you wish to enable the ENB FPS Counter, press * on your number pad.

How can I take a screenshot with all the effects applied?

If you wish to take a screenshot, press Insert. This will ensure the screenshot is taken with all effects applied.

Is there any way to disable the ENB in game?

If you wish to disable the ENB, press Shift+F12.

CREDITS

Unreal Warfare (Tweaker and compiler of Unreal Cinema, custom Raindrops, custom Sunsprite)
Boris Vorontsov (ENB Series)
HeliosDoubleSix (HD6 Shader code)
Matso (Sun Textures, original Depth of Field code)
IndigoNeko (Active Film Grain, original work that DNI is based on)
Confidence Man (Water Texture)
Kalicola (Palette)
JawZ (DNI)
gp65cj04 & Kyokushinoyama (Tilt Shift DoF)
Mindflux (Particle Patch)
Tarmicle (Donation)

Also a big thankyou to everyone else who has supported my work. Without your support, and sometimes a push in the right direction to pick myself back up this mod would never of have existed.

If you are not on this list but think you should be please let me know.

Thankyou.

RECCOMMENDED MODS

Candlelight Toggle by Modiinn
Optimizer Textures by Adpipino
Enhanced Third Person Camera by keegars
Enhanced Lights and FX by anamorfus

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 14 Jun 2013, 15:52, edited 26 times in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Beautiful Skyrim - Unreal Cinema - ENB

AUTHORS NOTE

This is the final version of Unreal Cinema and, with that stated, this version shall remain on Skyrim Nexus. Due to time being devoted elsewhere I will only update this file when absolutely necessary, so please consider this configuration as finished, and any additional update given as a bonus. I will not support multiple versions (including performance versions) of the file, and will not answer any questions that are already answered in the FAQ or included README. If you do require support beyond what is already offered then feel free to ask for help in the comments section.

Binary Updates

ENB Binary 0.157: Fixes minor bugs, enbsunsprite shader rendering moved after enbeffectprepass,
optimized shaders for grass and trees in viewport and for shadows rendering, added performance profiler for most effects to GUI.

You can download the 0.157 binary at enbdev.com. This should run fine with it as no changes have been made to the enbseries.ini however I have not tested it yet. If you have issues with 0.157 then just revert to the 0.155 Binary for now, hosted at the Beautiful Skyrim website, and let me know what issues you have in the comments section.

Compatibility

This is compatible with Enhanced Lights and FX.

This is not compatible with Climates of Tamriel or Realistic Lighting. I have no interest in creating compatible versions. Please do not ask me to do so or upload any. You can make the configuration compatible with Realistic Lighting by increasing Interior Brightness via the underlined and bolded variable, to around 2.00, in the post processing section in enbeffect.fx as per below:
#if (POSTPROCESS==1)

//DAY
float EAdaptationMinV1Day = 0.12;
float EAdaptationMaxV1Day = 0.20;

float EToneMappingCurveV1Day = 7;
float EIntensityContrastV1Day = 4;
float EColorSaturationV1Day = 4;
float HCompensateSatV1Day = 1.25;

//NIGHT
float EAdaptationMinV1Night = 0.12;
float EAdaptationMaxV1Night = 0.20;

float EToneMappingCurveV1Night = 7;
float EIntensityContrastV1Night = 4;
float EColorSaturationV1Night = 4;
float HCompensateSatV1Night = 1.00;

//Interior
float EAdaptationMinV1Interior = 0.12;
float EAdaptationMaxV1Interior = 0.20;

float EToneMappingCurveV1Interior = 7;
float EIntensityContrastV1Interior = 4;
float EColorSaturationV1Interior = 4;
float HCompensateSatV1Interior = 1.25;

#endif
SMAA and FXAA Injectors are compatible via proxy chaining but this file is not configured to do so. You will have to do it yourself. To enable proxy chaining you will need to rename the d3d9.dll file that comes with the injector, then add the name of the renamed dll file, aswell as set EnableProxyLibrary=True in enbseries.ini as below.
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=renamed_injector.dll

Unreal Cinema Data File

Mindfluxes Particle Patch is included in the Data File along with some extra textures for sunglare, water, and vegatation.

You can install this via Nexus Mod Manager. It is recommended to install after other mods.

Below is the current changelog for Mindflux's Particle Patch.

v1.0 - 16/01/2013 - Fixed a one additional type of torch (sconce) that I came across.
v1.1 - 17/01/2013 - Curbed Dawnbreaker glow so as not to be blinding.
v1.2 - 18/01/2013 - Lowered specularity of two mineral pool objects that were over-exposed with most presets.
v1.3 - 19/01/2013 - Lowered the glow of Blackreach mushrooms.
v1.4 - 25/01/2013 - Fixed a few types of water splashes and Windhelm towers.
v1.5 - 26/01/2013 - Fixed a couple of blowing snow objects.
v1.6 - 06/02/2013 - Added many fog and mist type of objects as well as Deathbell (plant), also fixed a bug in one torch.
v1.7 - 09/02/2013 - Added a compatibility patch for W.A.T.E.R. 1.6 - thanks to SparrowPrince for granting the permission to use his files.
v1.8 - 10/02/2013 - Added optional fixes for hinged trap and Falmer totem.
v1.9 - 16/02/2013 - Added fixes for a few light shafts as well as a couple of food items and ingredients (tomato, carrot, long taffy, nutty bread and Daedra heart).
v1.10 - 20/02/2013 - Added lumbermill gear and glow meshes as well as fixed a bug in one of the light shafts and added a texture for finer dust.
v1.11 - 22/02/2013 - Added Solitude window shutters and Whiterun display cases, fixed a bug in carrot and lowered Daedra heart glow even further.
v1.12 - 23/02/2013 - Added a few types of spider webs with fixes to combat excessive brightness, more to come later.
v1.13 - 24/02/2013 - Added modified Dragonsreach LOD windows (i.e. those seen from the distance) so that they react to [WINDOWLIGHT] parameters as well as more types of webs.
Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 02 Apr 2013, 12:36, edited 5 times in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Reserved post.
Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 02 Apr 2013, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.

ENB Binary Archive

What happened to the files? I cant access any of the links, they are all down. This looks amazing and I would love to use it.

Eliyan

Was my favourite preset so far, but I forgot to make a backup before trying out some newer presets. I hope it's not lost forever.

DropDead

Same for me...can you please reup links ? it should be very kindful from you ;)

biz

DropDead

thanks man, it helped me so much, but...here is one problem, this newest 1.8 require v0.117 of default enb, but on the enbdev it is not able to download that version, haven't you it too ? or maybe some tip, with which version i can make a compromise..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I was looking for the same version earlier today. I found it here - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j75gwy

biz

DropDead wrote:thanks man, it helped me so much, but...here is one problem, this newest 1.8 require v0.117 of default enb, but on the enbdev it is not able to download that version, haven't you it too ? or maybe some tip, with which version i can make a compromise..
ummm, use the latest version?

Interior values (which are lacking in this config) will self generate in enbseries.ini upon running. Since most of these older configs used Night settings for interiors, you can just copy night-time values for interiors and get a pretty decent match.