CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

• Author

Re: CROSSFIRE TEMPORARY FIX

@ZeroKing

Thanks for the explanation of the difference between SMAA & SSAO. In my internet forum searching you seem to be the ultimate source for enb and crossfire. Using the setup in the previous post my Skyrim is a whole new experience. I'm absolutely loving it. The combination of SSAO, DOF and SMAA make my game look beautiful.

I found a link to where I got the information about SSAO and AMD cards:

http://wiki.step-project.com/ENB_Choices

"More powerful rigs with Nvidia graphics can use "Option A (DOF + SSAO)" for increased visuals. SSAO isn't available on AMD so there's no reason to use it."

One more tip for some users who still get stutter in first person mode: Set the FPSLimter in the enbseries.ini to 57 or 59. This removed some microstuttering I was getting in first person.

Now that I have a stable ENB setup, I'm going to start trying out some different ENB's. I'm interested in Project ENB, Seasons of Skyrim and Sharpshooters. Although I have to say I absolutely love the SkyRealism - ENB Evolved. The DOF effect is amazing and not too intrusive.

Again, I hope this helps all those crossfire users with their ENB in Skyrim.

*sensei*

@arnoldvsthegooch

ENB SSAO should be independent of the graphics card that you use, either Nvidia or AMD. Nvidia, to my knowledge, has its own AO (ambient occlusion) function, but I like SSAO better.

As well, that guide is not exactly the best at this point, quite a bit of information is wrong, especially when it comes to AMD (let's start the fact that it's no longer called ATI anymore). The author(s) of the STEP guide pretty much disregarded me when it came to CrossFire (none of them still realize that ForceFakeVideocard=true really does nothing anymore, quoting directly from Boris himself). Only Staind716, who's a buddy of mine, cares about what I say, but the STEP team really didn't give much thought to the extensive troubleshooting I did, but what can I say in the end?

Cheers!

im using a 5970, and assassin's creed brotherhood profile make my fps go down to 30, like it disable crossfire for some reason.

*sensei*

Please try Matso DOF 2.0.3 using the Skyrim Profile as opposed to Assassin's Creed. The AMD 5xxx series are notorious when it comes to the profile presets, something the AMD 6xxx series attempted to fix (which it did, actually) :?

Unfortunately, until Matso can come up with a solution, or Boris can take a look into it, we'll have to wait and see.

I've been using Unbleak ENB with Skyrim profile. The DOF works fine for whatever reason. I did get a 10-15 fps drop when using Assassins Creed profile.

*sensei*

Unbleak ENB uses Matso 2.0.3 / Matso 2.0.5 DOF, which is already mentioned as being the last DOF (unless you can reconfigure the newer Tilt-Shift Bokeh DOF or the Matso Complex 1.0 DOF) to be working fine on CrossFire. As to my knowledge, someone else is working on a CrossFire-ready DOF (I would, however have no time nor have extensive knowledge of HSLS shader code).

EXCITING NEWS GUYS!! After spending around 18 hrs looking for a solution I finally found one that scales really nice with crossfire and should works with ANY ENB depth of field!!

Basically you want to use the Oblivion.exe crossfire profile, which can be achieved in two ways:
(i)Use RadeonPro or
(ii)Rename TESV.exe to Oblivion.exe; When you run the renamed .exe, Catalyst will think you're running Oblivion and will use its profile

(i) If you use RadeonPro, SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) will NOT run properly. So mods like SkyUI won't work.

(ii)SKSE can work with this solution. However, renaming TESV.exe to Oblivion.exe will result in SKSE not being able to detect and find TESV.exe. This problem can be fixed by modifying the source code for SKSE and create a modified skse_loader.exe that looks for Oblivion.exe instead. The drawback to using this method is that you will have to modify every new version of SKSE.

For those without Visual Studios to modify the SKSE source code, I have provided two skse_loaders for Skyrim Version 1.8.145 and 1.8.151 below:
https://rapidshare.com/files/4104220487 ... oaders.zip

Note: I cannot guarantee that I'll be uploading new versions of modified skse_loader in the future!

Here's an image with sh5.exe profile:

Here's the image with the oblivion.exe profile:

*sensei*

Re: CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

@ surenintendo
You're my hero!

I had written my own DOF for CrossFire, and it was working fine (with only bokeh and tilt-shift features), but it didn't have all of the wonderful effects that Matso had on his DOF functions. I'm just concerned that this fix you proposed may cause scripting issues with certain mods and such, and authentication of files might reset the .exe file, right? Oh well, gonna try your solution :)

Flickr
Twitter

PostHuman

If this works surenintendo, I'm gonna send you some cookies!

Will try out tomorrow! :o

Bubble

@surenintendo
thanks. The game improved 10+fps, my crossfireX
But it does increase the worrisome flame texture error :( The texture is black
sorry english bad