Fallout 3

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: Fallout 3

Hey midhras, I exactly did you get that level of DoF back on page 5? I'm using the newest NV ENB patch (.118) and can't seem to get DoF working properly.

EDIT: My goodness you pictures are amazing, good job man.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midhras/7818112476/

Beautiful shot.

Will share with us? Please. =)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys, I want to share this with you, but I have to ask some people for permission first, as this uses code that I tweaked but is as yet unreleased. I'll upload it on the Nexus when I can.
I'm using Matso's 4.0.0 (manual) DOF.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Why nobody posting presets on the nexus? I don't see users from it, fallout version isn't popular downloads on my site, no sense to develop.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm waiting for permission from dpeasant... I'm using some of his code. I want to post my config very much, even though it will mean answering LOTS of questions. I'm trying to attract attention via Flickr, via the Fallout Nexus imageshare, and via this thread (but it's not linked to from your front page ;) so everybody is looking at the Fallout:New Vegas thread only).
Once dpeasant gives me the go-ahead, I'll post it on the Nexus, and point people over here. Maybe trillville should also think about releasing via the Nexus. His config is GODLY.

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

Kampher

ENBSeries wrote:Why nobody posting presets on the nexus? I don't see users from it, fallout version isn't popular downloads on my site, no sense to develop.
Hey Boris,

I just wanted to register to say that I love the many years of work you've put into ENB. I've used it for so many games over the years, and It's made my gaming a lot more enjoyable.

I've been checking this site 3 times a day for configs for New Vegas, but most of what I've seen has not been released by anyone. I've been trying to make my own presets, but a lot of mine tend to be washed out and lacking the great features I've seen in a lot of these other screenshots.

I hope that people like Dpeasant and Midhras (When he gets permission) get a chance to upload some of their work. ENB is already working wonders on Fallout, and I'm having a blast with the results so far.

If I manage to get something decent working, I'll post screenshots and release my settings. I hope others decide to do the same.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Big thanks to Boris, trillville, Matso and dpeasant. In fact, it's mostly them that put this together:

A non-exhaustive list of (configurable) effects that this mod adds to your game includes:
  • palette based colour correction
  • SSAO (screen space ambient occlusion)
  • indirect lighting
  • advanced immersive bloom
  • dynamic depth of field
  • ENB lens flare and anamorphic lens flare
  • changed lighting intensity and curves, altered cloud and sky gradients
  • eye adaptation
  • film grain
  • SMAA: Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (gets rid of jaggies at a much lower performance cost than normal AA solutions)

I opened up a thread with a bit more info for this on the presets forum. Click on the image to go to the nexus and download the thing.

It also works with Project Reality Mk I quite well:

OrmrSnaethorsen

ENBSeries wrote:Why nobody posting presets on the nexus? I don't see users from it, fallout version isn't popular downloads on my site, no sense to develop.
Forgive me if the following sounds like I’m ‘preaching to the converted’…

ENB was seemingly popular with Fallout New Vegas, but I feel that Skyrim's ENB has attracted and inspired a greater number of people. ENB is considered a must by the majority of Skyrim players now, and as you are well aware, there are countless configurations of your amazing graphic modification on the Skyrim nexus.

If I remember rightly, the only ENB for Fallout 3 several years ago was a modified configuration of the one used in GTA4, but not many people were using it nor had they heard about it. My ATI wasn’t compatible with it so I couldn’t even run it properly! It also wasn’t as polished as the latest version that Midhras is using.

A lot of people in the nexus community are returning to Fallout 3 now that mods and fixes have been refined. Or perhaps they are looking for something to play again until the next Skyrim DLC. People will always want to play Fallout3 because it was, deservedly, named GOTY due to its great story and quirky, enjoyable gameplay. I think that Midhras’ latest config has set a benchmark for things to come and that people will realize that even Fallout 3 can look amazing and as beautiful as Skyrim.

Midhras’ config one of the mods of the month on the FO3 nexus. If a few more configurations come out I imagine it will become as popular as Skyrim’s ENB.

There are a few bugs that need fixing as I’m sure you’re aware. I just hope you aren’t discouraged by the current lack of FO3 presets on the nexus and that when you have time you will release a new version of the ENB. If anything, this message is meant as a compliment.

Keep up the good work, sir!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Has anyone managed to get the effect from Night Vision Goggles to work? Or to run ENB in Tranquility Lane without it being all colourful? I'm not quite sure how to go about allowing the game to render those effects without throwing off everything about my config.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Impossible. Game post processing is similar to Skyrim, may be only to edit weather by removing all color changes will help (and then apply original post processing in enbeffect.fx). I tried to detect Khajiit vision activation as increased brightness and desaturation, but the same happen in some weather and locations anyway, so better to ignore or create separate plugin to the mod and control it with things like skse (if there available detection of night vision).