Fallout 3

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fallout 3

Okay, I'm starting this. Now that Boris wrote a binary that can handle Fallout:NV, and trillville showed (quite admirably) that it can also be used in Fallout 3, there's bound to be more than a couple that will want to show off the Wasteland in all it's new glory.
I've been posting some shots in the wrong topic, so chance are you've seen a couple of these already. I'm using bits and pieces of trillville's Fallout 3 ENB (a couple enbseries values, his palette) some code by dpeasant (in enbbloom.fx and enbeffect.fx and some stuff from my Skyrim ENB. There's quite a lot to do still, but already the Wasteland's never been better.

I'll post shots here from time to time, but I'll collect all on my flickr set for Fallout 3.

Boris, if you could somehow code me up some real shadows... or is that asking for the impossible?

Last edited by midhras on 28 Jan 2018, 01:52, edited 3 times in total.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 3

Gorgeous work. I love the colour palette and for once the thick far fog complements the atmosphere wonderfully. And of course, your style is as snazzy as always.

But what kind of game from 2008 doesn't have realtime shadows? Even Blade of Darkness had them, and that was back in 2001.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know! (BoD was good.)
Trying to fake shadow by crazy lighting settings is manageable, but introduces a lot of problems where you don't want them. I don't know how Skyrim's enbseries' advanced shadows worked, but I hope something similar can be done for the Fallouts.

By the way, I've seen a couple (only a few) of your recent screens, and they looked gorgeous. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I saw a recent grassy shot, and I'd love to put Viglad in there some day. I really should start catching up on the image thread here, but I'm only caught up till page 440...

A question: would you think ENBMote would function in any game, OOTB? I mean it changes ENB, and not the game, so I should be able to just plop it in Fallout... Going to have to just try that.

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, glad you liked the screens. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing, but I'm intent on still trying... If nothing else good comes out of my endeavours, I'll be sure to send the setup your way just to see Viglad saddling up one more time in style :D

Yes, in theory ENBmote should function with ENB + any game. In practise it won't, though, because I'm making a check whether Skyrim is running to prevent anything nasty from happening. If you'd like to, I can make a version with no check. By the way, sorry for neglecting further development - I've been meaning to pick it up again but it's been always left playing the second violin to something else. One of these days, I promise.

And sure enough, Severance rocked!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh... I'm glad you did as much as you did. And if you never touch it again, I won't hold it against you. Don't let it be a chore. But if a version without a check is feasible, without much work, that'd be great.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadows are not an easy to implement for games which are not developed for them, i need a lot of time to make shadows and elliminate their bugs as much as possible.

*master*

@ENBSeries
Not sure if this will help you, but someone developed a version of Morrowind Graphics Extender that supports dynamic shadows for static objects. You can find it here. From what I've read, there is at least one unavoidable bug caused by statics not having back-facing geometry, so shadows will pass through the object. Also, here's the main project page: http://morrgraphext.sourceforge.net/

Of course, Morrowind runs on a much older version of Gamebryo, so all of this could be useless.

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Last edited by midhras on 28 Jan 2018, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Good stuff, Dorak. Based off TV?