GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update v2

share shaders here
  • Author

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update

buzz wrote:
IheaDrm wrote:Hi. i have a question. Yeah, this is a good dof! I have used it, but it looks not smooth! But yours is different. What's wrong with this? :roll:
if you use ENB 0.163 is really slow you need to decrease DOF TAPS, but 0.082b can run even 60 TAPS and is smoother
Thank you, sir. :D

I'm sorry for being so late :P I really want to have that depth of field and stuff. I've got ICEnhancer 3.0 installed on Steam 1.0.7.0 version of GTA IV, but when I enter the timecyc.dat i don't see any unknown48 and I end up having the same problem with that whole screen blurred.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't modify iCEnhancer, its structure is way different to this here. Here, the DoF is created in the enbeffect.fx, iCEnhancer passes linear depth to the effect.txt via alpha channel (same as Ministry of Games 0.1 by AgainstAllAuthority) and the effect.txt creates the DoF. And the "unknown48" refers to EditIV timecyc editor tool where the parameter you look for is listed as unknown48 in the last tab. Just opening the timecyc.dat with text editor won't help you much if you are not familiar with it structure and you can't find this variable by hand.

Hi i wanted to thank you a lot for this fx file cause it makes the game look so much more filmlike ! You did amazing work with this motion blur and dof! :D
Can you tell me what i need to change to apply motion blur to player model as well?
I see there is player mask register in fx file and i tried to disable it or modify stuff but no success so far :lol:
I would really like to get motion blur on player and on car when camera moves around , could you help if you have spare moment please ?