GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update v2

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed --- final upda

Would it be possible to put this DoF into an effect.txt? Or even the "old" enbeffect DoF from default enbeffect?

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed --- update-082

Siggs wrote:Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could ask a question. I've spent ages trying to find a good config for my ENB, like I'm sure a lot of people have, and I've got one that's damn near perfect in my eyes, apart from a few things in the fx file which I was wondering if I could get help with;

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578960836712942585/24A4A7636C5468E1D443BCFE108CC6A4167E342C/

1. The motion blur in this fx file is very...rough. From what I can tell from reading here is that it has too few samples. But I have no idea how to edit my fx file with the correct lines of code. I tried dropping that fx file straight in to replace my current one, and bad things happened. I'm using L3EVO 8-7 as a basis, if that's any help.

2. With the depth of field, as you can see from the picture, it's working as I like it, with no blurring of the foreground. But recently it's started blurring that very slightly, which makes for bad screenshots. Is there anything on my PC outside of GTA that might be making this happen, or is it just something that's broken in my game?

p.s. Also is there any way to quickly adjust the amount of depth ingame, as some more bokeh would be great for those impromptu screenshot sessions

Thanks in advance for any advice!

current FX file
Ok, It's modified.
Attachments
enbeffect.fx
(24.75 KiB) Downloaded 523 times

Marty McFly wrote:Would it be possible to put this DoF into an effect.txt? Or even the "old" enbeffect DoF from default enbeffect?
effect.txt don't have the depth buffer, so it's impossible to implement dof, but the enbeffect.fx can.

gp65cj04 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:Would it be possible to put this DoF into an effect.txt? Or even the "old" enbeffect DoF from default enbeffect?
effect.txt don't have the depth buffer, so it's impossible to implement dof, but the enbeffect.fx can.
Actually certain versions of enbseries have acess to texDepth in effect.txt ,its mentioned here http://enbdev.com/effect_en.htm
:D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

gp65cj04 wrote:
That is surprising for me, because I used the Matso enbeffect code in effect.txt as it is in a previous enb for SA, the interesting thing was: it didn't make a proper DoF with blur, but a diagonal shifting depending from distance (I used a hybrid enb version, with this you can load multiple effect.txts and split multi-pass codes so each effect.txt uses one of the passes). The greater the distance was, the more the objects became shifted (the Bokeh DOF variables matso has built in allowed to modify this effect).

Marty McFly wrote:
gp65cj04 wrote:
That is surprising for me, because I used the Matso enbeffect code in effect.txt as it is in a previous enb for SA, the interesting thing was: it didn't make a proper DoF with blur, but a diagonal shifting depending from distance (I used a hybrid enb version, with this you can load multiple effect.txts and split multi-pass codes so each effect.txt uses one of the passes). The greater the distance was, the more the objects became shifted (the Bokeh DOF variables matso has built in allowed to modify this effect).
Yeah,if you check the code you notice that its uses texdepth ,thats why it works

gp65cj04 wrote:
Ok, It's modified.
It's not compatible with my timecyc file :( I get the focus depth waay off in the distance like shown on the first page. Mine doesn't have labelled unknown48 values, where would I find them?

timecyc

Sorry for being a pain. Would a version with v. high DoF and normal DoF be out of the question?

Siggs wrote:
gp65cj04 wrote:
Ok, It's modified.
It's not compatible with my timecyc file :( I get the focus depth waay off in the distance like shown on the first page. Mine doesn't have labelled unknown48 values, where would I find them?

timecyc

Sorry for being a pain. Would a version with v. high DoF and normal DoF be out of the question?
high DoF and normal DoF? I don't understand.
Attachments
timecyc.zip
modified
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

gp65cj04 wrote: high DoF and normal DoF? I don't understand.
Yes, exactly that! :) Thanks for your time so far.

EDIT: that last one removes DoF entirely?

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update

how do i install this dof ? just drop on gta folder ?