GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update v2

share shaders here
  • Author
*master*

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed --- update-082

Only Boris can do this, as I guess it's inside DLL. When I asked about creating this effect (I wanted the little dots on the screen)
Boris said :
As i remember, there is parameter as global constant which define pass number, it may allow to switch between processing to keep standart bloom for lower resolution textures and strikes for more detailed[...] TempParameters.w is pass [...] you can add more passes in techniques, just use additive mix or smoother blending. the problem only to separate result. but not a big problem if to apply it for first pass of bigger bloom texture only, compute in it that strike effect completely and in all other passes use as source prepass result of that one with strikes, but the side of it (compute left with bloom, right with strikes)
If It can help you... I asked about adding strikes you like Cross/Star shaped bloom.
Said that the version must be reprogrammed to support palette on other files.

btw, uploading my bloom on the forum now; I need external help (screenfact/tempparams) for smoothing.

icelaglace wrote:Only Boris can do this, as I guess it's inside DLL. When I asked about creating this effect (I wanted the little dots on the screen)
Boris said :
As i remember, there is parameter as global constant which define pass number, it may allow to switch between processing to keep standart bloom for lower resolution textures and strikes for more detailed[...] TempParameters.w is pass [...] you can add more passes in techniques, just use additive mix or smoother blending. the problem only to separate result. but not a big problem if to apply it for first pass of bigger bloom texture only, compute in it that strike effect completely and in all other passes use as source prepass result of that one with strikes, but the side of it (compute left with bloom, right with strikes)
If It can help you... I asked about adding strikes you like Cross/Star shaped bloom.
Said that the version must be reprogrammed to support palette on other files.

btw, uploading my bloom on the forum now; I need external help (screenfact/tempparams) for smoothing.
Although it can't solve my problem, but still thanks!! :)

Hope ENB for GTA V can as free as Skyrim version. 8-)
Last edited by gp65cj04 on 24 Aug 2012, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Yeah.. I knew it, sorry. But still very useful information about bloom.
I bet It will; even better haha.

icelaglace wrote:Yeah.. I knew it, sorry. But still very useful information about bloom.
No need for sorry, it's very useful information like you said. ;)
But now I'm just looking forward to GTA V. The lens flare is just for fun. :mrgreen:

*master*

gp65cj04 wrote:
icelaglace wrote:Yeah.. I knew it, sorry. But still very useful information about bloom.
No need for sorry, it's very useful information like you said. ;)
But now I'm just looking forward to GTA V. The lens flare is just for fun. :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see V with Skylighting,better bloom (because the water shot bloom is horrible if you saw the latest one), the new indirect lighting from Skyrim; etc... <333
That's funny how I wait for ENB more than the game itself...

Sweet Jesus gp65cj04, that Lens Flare look stunning :shock:

gp65cj04, thanks again. Is there a way to put the dof and mtion blur into another enbeffect.fx file or do I have to use yours? Maybe a stupid question ;)

leec313 wrote:gp65cj04, thanks again. Is there a way to put the dof and mtion blur into another enbeffect.fx file or do I have to use yours? Maybe a stupid question ;)
Replace the code from

_v0.xy=IN.txcoord0.xy;

to

if (-r0.w<0.0) r0.xyz=r1.xyz;

and copy the parameters like

#define DEPTH_OF_FIELD;
//#define SSAA_ENABLE; // enable it when ForceAntialiasing=true

#define MaxMotionBlurSamples 23
#define DepthOfFieldQulity 1 // higher is better

float NearBlurDepth=0.0;
float FocalPlaneDepth=1.5;
float FarBlurDepth=1000.0;
float MaxBlurAmount=0.8;

into your own enbeffect.fx. ;)

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could ask a question. I've spent ages trying to find a good config for my ENB, like I'm sure a lot of people have, and I've got one that's damn near perfect in my eyes, apart from a few things in the fx file which I was wondering if I could get help with;

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578960836712942585/24A4A7636C5468E1D443BCFE108CC6A4167E342C/

1. The motion blur in this fx file is very...rough. From what I can tell from reading here is that it has too few samples. But I have no idea how to edit my fx file with the correct lines of code. I tried dropping that fx file straight in to replace my current one, and bad things happened. I'm using L3EVO 8-7 as a basis, if that's any help.

2. With the depth of field, as you can see from the picture, it's working as I like it, with no blurring of the foreground. But recently it's started blurring that very slightly, which makes for bad screenshots. Is there anything on my PC outside of GTA that might be making this happen, or is it just something that's broken in my game?

p.s. Also is there any way to quickly adjust the amount of depth ingame, as some more bokeh would be great for those impromptu screenshot sessions

Thanks in advance for any advice!

current FX file

Thanks a lot :D