[SSE] Vary night visibilty with distance from player

share shaders here
  • Author

[SSE] Vary night visibilty with distance from player

Hello,

I'm new to ENB. I'm trying to make a more realistic exterior night lighting. I find it ridiculous that during the night I can see very far lands, tress, and other objects over vast distances.
So I'm trying to create a little bit of visibility around me, and then visibility should gradually decrease as I look farther and farther away, until trees and mountains that are kilometers away have a black outline.
Basically, just like the level of detail decreases over distance, so should the visibility.

It's easy enough to make things very dark with Direct Lighting Intensity and Ambient Lighting Intensity under Environment, but that makes everything dark, far or near. How can I make these effects vary over distance from the player?
Are there any other settings I can use?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
[Skyrim SE]

Re: [SSE] Vary night visibilty with distance from player

jake_S wrote:Hello,

I'm new to ENB. I'm trying to make a more realistic exterior night lighting. I find it ridiculous that during the night I can see very far lands, tress, and other objects over vast distances.
So I'm trying to create a little bit of visibility around me, and then visibility should gradually decrease as I look farther and farther away, until trees and mountains that are kilometers away have a black outline.
Basically, just like the level of detail decreases over distance, so should the visibility.

It's easy enough to make things very dark with Direct Lighting Intensity and Ambient Lighting Intensity under Environment, but that makes everything dark, far or near. How can I make these effects vary over distance from the player?
Are there any other settings I can use?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
[Skyrim SE]
Thats should be something that fog should handle. Tho i realized the fog parameters in SSE enb are more limited than in SLE. Something like depth haze or surface blur from reshade should be good. I would port it for ya but i have no idea what the lines

Code: Select all

texture   Otis_FragmentBuffer1 	{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA8;};	
texture   Otis_FragmentBuffer2 	{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA8;};
translate to in ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fog wouldn't be that optimal, sure it would do the trick. But why limit yourself ;)

This is just a proof of concept, the code itself is messy and not something I would actually use. But it's doable of course.

"depth based light tint" active

And deactivated;

That is looking really neat @JawZ :D any changse youll release that code somewere?:3

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will, whenever I get it to function and behave as I want it to. In it's current state I will not even think of releasing it.
It's just that bad :P