[Oblivion] NLA enbeffect.fx Port

share shaders here
  • Author
*sensei*

[Oblivion] NLA enbeffect.fx Port

Right, another one of these threads.

The good news, is that I've got pretty much all of it's enbeffect.fx ported and compiling on Oblivion. Trouble is, the default values for the adjustable variables are complete wank. It's all dark, blurred and washed out. See for yourselves.

Here's the current incarnation of the script (v5): https://pastebin.com/1qdLSgi8

So many damn variables to slog through. Eugh.

Final Edit: Thanks to fellow users telling me how to work with the temp vars, I've got it looking pretty damn nice. Here is the final version of the enbeffect.fx: https://pastebin.com/6Fzqq0uy
Last edited by FiftyTifty on 03 Nov 2017, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

Re: [Oblivion] NLA enbeffect.fx Port

Somehow, I made it look even better.

This looks intresting :) i am currently working on and ENB for oblivion (were this wont fit) I am gonna try this afterwarts for maybe another preset ;) just because i love Oblivion. The thing is i barely have any knowlege of C or Hlsl so i cant really do mutch :( but i am learning tho

*sensei*

Got burnt out after trying to mod in too much. Decided to go through with a near-vanilla play-through, so I'm back at trying to make Oblivion look pretty.

Since there's no GUI support for ENBEffect.fx variables, I figured the wee hotkey'd variables would be a hackish alternative. But they're in float4's; how do I reference a single float value from the float4? For example, Float4(1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0). If I just want the third value, how do I get it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Use xyzw, i.e. Float4.z.

*sensei*

mindflux wrote:Use xyzw, i.e. Float4.z.
Aaah, for some reason I thought that was only for specific float4's. Huh.

So I added this block of code to the beginning of the shader:

Code: Select all

ToneMappingCurveDay = tempF1.x;
	ToneMappingCurveNight = tempF1.y;
	ToneMappingCurveInterior = tempF1.z;

ToneMappingOversaturationDay = tempF1.w;
	ToneMappingOversaturationNight = tempF2.x;
	ToneMappingOversaturationInterior = tempF2.y;

IntensityContrastDay = tempF2.z;
	IntensityContrastNight = tempF2.w;
	IntensityContrastInterior = tempF3.x;
These variables are defined at the very beginning of the file, which I then set to the tempF1, tempF2 and tempF3 vars inside the pixel shader. But holding down the respective number key, and mashing page up/down, doesn't cause any visual change.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3VQwkL0V

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't know about oblivion but for every other game with a Gui, you can tweak those parameters in the GUI. At the very top of the enbseries.ini window. Also, about those swizzles, float4.rgba and.xyzw are interchangeable but you can't use them together like color.xgb or so.

*sensei*

Unfortunately, Oblivion's ENB does not have GUI support for variables in the shader files, only the ones in enbseries.ini are editable in the ENB GUI.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know, just like GTA IV. But you can edit the tempFX vars in the UI. Just search the enb.ini list, because you can edit them for GTA IV as well.

*sensei*

Marty McFly wrote:I know, just like GTA IV. But you can edit the tempFX vars in the UI. Just search the enb.ini list, because you can edit them for GTA IV as well.
They aren't listed in enbseries.ini. I'll take a look at GTA IV's ENB, see if copy-pasting the entries will work.

Edit: Nope, they aren't listed in GTA IV's enbseries.ini file either. Could you share the entries you have for them in your ini file?

Edit2: Aaah, they're nestled at the top of the GUI.