[SLE / SSE / FO4] Depth of Field

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE Advanced Depth of Field

Great discussion and looking forward to your video Tapioks.

@Marty Mcfly - thanks for all the work you do. I have to admit I really like your DOF and use it a lot. I use an old version of Kingeric's DOF that Tobi (Insomnia) tweaked for classic Skyrim and use your DOF for SE and FO4 a lot. I am very non-tech on this stuff and find your DOF set-up fairly intuitive and easy to use. Even if learning by trial and error it isn't that over-whelming. The added explanation in this thread was also very useful.

Managing presets for a lot of general users I find most want more or less simple GUI things to tweak. While some simply don't want to take time to learn I know some just feel overwhelmed at times with options.

*master*

l00 wrote:Maxg3d
If your settings are made for Fallout you maybe want to change the DOF: Autofocus sample centerY=0.5 to something a little bit lower like 0.485 or you will focus on some weapons because of the recoil animation.

McFly
Where can I find in your code the setting that defines the time of focusing ? It works fine for gameplay, sharp and quick, but I would like to make a float of it so I can tune it down for a machinima in order to have smoother transitions.

Isn't what you are looking for in the enbseries.ini section of the GUI, under depth of field? You have FocusingTime and ApertureTime ....It should be right below ColorCorrection and Adaptation, and then Bloom and Lens follow DepthofField.

l00
*master*

ibbanez
No it doesn't really work with the ini, this is why I'm looking for it in the code. The focusing can be set with the ini but it doesn't modify the refocusing; when you start looking elsewhere than the focal point the blur instantly disappears and this is what I'm trying to slow down. For comparison with Boris DOF, the timing of focusing/defocusing is the same which allows very smooth transitions between plans.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're wrong, the enbseries.ini FocusingTime still works. Set it to something high and you'll see. I still lerp between previous focus and current focus like Boris does.

l00
*master*

I feel stupid I didn't see the update 1.2 and it works fine indeed...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Some screenshots showing off the bokeh weighting:

*master*

Hey Marty, in the beginning you said with a few changes this could be used with Fallout 4. What changes would those be? Maybe the center point? Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Actually, I don't know as I don't have that game and don't plan.to get it. But it appeared to me as if the enb shaders look a LOT similar but I didn't want to say "you can use it as is on F4" because I can't test that. But you can try it out.

*sensei*

You can use F4 and SSE shaders interchangeably.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*master*

k thanks... I just thought I remember seeing people saying something about the center point due to the weapons and recoil animations or something possibly throwing DOF off....