[SLE / SSE / FO4] Depth of Field

share shaders here
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [SSE / FO4] ADoF with SSAO

In gta sa color ranges are very low, so i did math similar to computing albedo from textures by normalizing brightness. It can't work well in other games. In old skyrim to get albedo i patched most of shaders to make them output diffuse texture data to another render target (deferred/mrt rendering), so to make same in skyrim se i need process much more shaders (8107 are created by game twice, so 16k shaders vs around 2k shaders in old game, this is huge performance drop at startup and it is not that easy to patch them without information which texture is diffuse (some objects need more complicated code patching when they use several textures and tint colors, like hairs, skin, terrain).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I see... Is there a way to prevent the game from creating the shaders twice (maybe per additional game version depending plugin) to shorten this? As I don't know how your AO works, how much would it hurt the end result to use regular color buffer with some normalization, just without shadows for example? I know every coder has his standards and this is probably way more hacky than you'd like to do but do the visuals differ a lot from that? The lighting of the game seems pretty flat to me so if you'd for example draw the scene twice with all light sources disabled except some ambient level, you should come pretty close to albedo?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If i'll generate albedo from game lighting, it will be okay, not as good as in gtasa of course. But i can't do this, because parameters like direct light affect brightness a lot, such albedo texture will not look well at all. And believe me, without albedo/diffuse only there is no good lighting from ambient occlusion and indirect lighting for characters, which makes my mod give special look to them. In oblivion i extracted color data from lighting, producing bugs from the specular, maybe can do the same at least in exteriors in new skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hm, that doesn't sound too promising. Guess I'll transition back to old Skyrim when I port this DoF here to SM3, Oyama and others requested that anyways. I have W7 still so at least I can use >4GB VRAM and all the other neat things.

*master*

VRAM bug was fixed in latest Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TreyM wrote:VRAM bug was fixed in latest Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update.
Didn't expect that tbh. But I'll keep W7 as long as possible, nonetheless.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just ported it to Oldrim :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Great news :D

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Marty McFly wrote:Just ported it to Oldrim :)
Great ! Will you publish it ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Absolutely. I just updated to Windows 10 so I'm still in the process of transitioning, haven't installed Skyrim yet.